• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to separate 2 feature extensions in a single ZXP file, one for Premiere Pro and one for Audition

Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2022 May 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have created extensions that work with Premiere Pro and Audition.
These extensions work together to provide a single function.
Specifically, they send markers edited in Audition to Premiere Pro.

I have now created two ZXP files and installed separate extensions for each software.
I would like to put these extensions on Marketplace, but I would like to do it all in one ZXP file.

Is it possible to install two extensions in one ZXP file, one for Premiere Pro and one for Audition?

Also, if two extensions perform one function, how do you think they should be uploaded to Marketplace?

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>Is it possible to install two extensions in one ZXP file, one for Premiere Pro and one for Audition?

Yes; see the CEP HTML Example panel

>Also, if two extensions perform one function, how do you think they should be uploaded to Marketplace?

That's a good question, probably for someone else. 😉 If the extensions work together, and the user will need them both, then I'd recommend listing your extension as compatible with both applications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response.
I understood that it is possible to install multiple extensions in one ZXP file.
I have two more questions.
How can CEP(jsx) distinguish between hosted applications?
Or how can I install "each" extension for "each" application in manifest.xml?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

During panel load, the csInterface indicates what host is loading the panel. The panel can respond by changing its UI, and/or loading different ExtendScript.

https://github.com/Adobe-CEP/Samples/blob/ef77e70b0fb813c8db5b32159b98ed7fdd15c541/PProPanel/ext.js#...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Exactly, check which app you're in and then load that app's specific components. You can do this on the JS side with:

var csInterface = new CSInterface();
csInterface.hostEnvironment.appId;

and on the ExtendScript side with:

BridgeTalk.appName

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines