Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

How to stop system sound when switching to/from Adobe Premiere Pro? (Win 7)

Engaged ,
Sep 30, 2019 Sep 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no idea what I did to cause this unless it started when I upgraded to 12.1.2 though I don't remember if that's when it did. When Pro is open, whenever I switch from it to another window/program/desktop or back again, it makes this annoying system sound, like the kind you would expect if you tried to perform an action and there was an error. Not a beep.

No other application on my computer makes that sound, including Adobe applications I have installed, and changing my computer's general system sounds does nothing. All of my audio drivers are up to date.

Is there a setting I'm missing somewhere buried in Pro that affects system sounds?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 30, 2019 Sep 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems to be a wried issues...also win 7 is old and even Adobe recommends windows 10 with Premiere Pro CC 2018 - https://helpx.adobe.com/in/premiere-pro/system-requirements/earlier-versions.html

I would suggest you resetting the Premiere Pro preferences as follow -

To reset preferences and plug-in cache at the same time, hold down Shift-Alt (Windows) or Shift-Option (Mac OS)while the application is starting. 

Vishu Aggarwal
Adobe Certified Instructor, Professional and Expert

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 01, 2019 Oct 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I know Win 7 is old. I have a ton of art software I use that Windows 10 screws up so until I can afford a separate computer to run Windows 10 on, I'm using 7. Resetting my preferences didn't work but I tried updating the audio drivers again. The update failed since it was an incompatible driver and yet somehow the noise stopped so go figure lol Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2021 Oct 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having a similar issue while trying to test Premiere Pro 15.1

When I hit play I hear a piano chime.  I'm thinking it's one of the system sounds.  

I'm running Windows 10 PRO v1909

I tried resetting prefs and Plug-in cache which did not help.  I can run Premiere Pro 2020 without any issues.

Any suggestions?

TY!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines