• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to synchronize two different shoots where multiple cameras and audio sources are involved?

New Here ,
Aug 08, 2022 Aug 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I'm sorry for the newbie question (I'm still learning Premier Pro-latest), but here it goes: I know how to sink a single shoot involving multiple cameras and audio (two cameras + their two audio + 1 more non-camera related audio), but is there a way where I can sink two shoots together (both shoots use exactly the same equipment).  I hoped that makes sense. The problem is of course that the canon eos r5 and r6 I'm using both timeout at 30 minutes, which was not long enough for my video vision.

My gut feeling is I would have to make and render down the first shoot to one MP4, and then go through the process again for the second shoot to make another MP4 and then simply combine both MP4s to make the final video.

Thanks so much in advance for any help you could offer.

Doug

TOPICS
Editing , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 08, 2022 Aug 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having a little trouble following along with your post/question. You shouldn't need to render out any clips even if a single shot is broken up into multiple shots. When those cameras reach a 30-minute mark do the just automatically start a new recording? Do they skip any frames? If it records seamlessly with just a new clip every 30 minutes, then you should be able to just sync the first 30-minute clips and then the rest of them would line up right behind those in the timeline.  

I'm not sure what the features of the cameras are but in the future I'd use Free Run Timecode on each of them so that you can sync the shots by timecode, if that's an option on those cameras.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines