• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to turn off auto mask tracking?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently manually masking my clip frame by frame with the Mask Path tool.

The really annyothing thing is, everytime I move my manual mask, Premiere auto tracks it and ruins everything I've done. I'm doing this on an adjustment layer- does it have to be done on the actual clip for it to retain the edited shape I've made? I've tried going frame by frame, only to find my work 'undone' by premiere and it is driving me up the wall. How can I retain the manual masks I've made for each frame? Is there a way to turn off auto tracking the mask? 

This is how it's supposed to look (and how I originally set it as)

proper mask.png

THIS is Premiere 'undoing' the above after I made several keyframes after it and I went back:

premiere_undone.png

Honestly I don't understand why this keeps happening. I spent hours by manually masking each frame!! Gone!!

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay I discovered this happens when I delete an anchor point on the mask. 

So... I can add points, but not delete them. I think this is a bug, and hope it can be fixed in future versions.

I have tried adding each mask keyframe from scratch and I've tried editing each frame after creating all the in between keyframes with auto tracking. It happens in each instance-- premiere keeps 'fixing' the mask that I've already edited.

I really wish there was a way to turn auto tracking off when you don't need it, because in some situations the auto tracking absolutely fails.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines