• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to use the lumetri color picker

Participant ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This may seem like a lame question but it doesn't work like I am expecting.  I have a M1 Mac with the latest macOS and Adobe applications.

I get a video into the project panel.  Open it in the source panel.  Add the Lumetri effect to the video and the LIT for DJI D-Log.  If I try to click on the eye dropper at this point, usually the mouse becomes the eye dropped for half a second and then it goes back to the original state.

What appears to work is if I create a sequence and then click the color picker, it works as expected and I guess I'm suppose to pick a color in the program monitor.  And, probably it matters what is selected in the sequence.

All this to say, it seems there are more twists and turns to using it right than is obvious at first.  Is there a tutorial about how it is intended to work?

TOPICS
Editing , How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

First, most color work is done on clips in a sequence in the Timeline panel.

Second ... use the Color workspace, which has the Lumetri panel up.

For that LUT ... I'm assuming it's a tech LUT, a converstion from LOG to Rec.709? There is always a possibility of a LUT clipping either end of the tonal range ... LUTs being (as my colorist friends say) "the dumbest math out there".

So when using such a LUT, you need to be able to "trim" the exposure/contrast of the original clip prior to the LUT

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

First, most color work is done on clips in a sequence in the Timeline panel.

Second ... use the Color workspace, which has the Lumetri panel up.

For that LUT ... I'm assuming it's a tech LUT, a converstion from LOG to Rec.709? There is always a possibility of a LUT clipping either end of the tonal range ... LUTs being (as my colorist friends say) "the dumbest math out there".

So when using such a LUT, you need to be able to "trim" the exposure/contrast of the original clip prior to the LUT itself, while viewing scopes and image through the LUT. So I would apply that to the clip with the Lumetri panel, but using the Source tab (not the clip tab). That's the left of the two tabs at the top of the Lumetri panel. That will apply this correction to all instances of that clip anywhere in the project.

And further, to be able to 'trim' that clip into the LUT, I would apply the LUT in the Creative tab's LUT dropdown slot.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines