• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HSL Secondary, adjustment layer, bug and workflow

Explorer ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I seemed to have discovered what others already have, and the HSL secondary does not work through adjustment layers. I suppose this makes sense since there is no pixel information in an adjustment layer, but that's still pretty wonky. The next part of it though, is that when I copied and pasted my HSL secondary adjustment from the clip to all the other clips, the settings carried over, but the actual color key did not so I had to just go through every single one and color pick the skin tones again. Is that a bug or is that just the way that it works?  The more I get into color correcting in Premier, the more I am starting to see the shortcomings that people often gripe about 

I would love to be wrong about this, so please tell me I'm wrong

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2023 Feb 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever discover a fix for this? I'm experiencing the exact same problem. HSL Secondary works on actual clips, but when I try to apply it to an adjustment layer, it doesn't work. Very frustrating and googling doesn't seem to provide any answers, only other posts like yours where a solution is never given.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't recall if I did, when I did this I think I just had to do it on clips and then transfer it to an adjustment layer or whatever other workaround 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To make a key, the HSL tab needs the actual pixels ... it must be applied to a clip.

There's also track matte work, where you duplicate a clip up a couple times, put the TM effect on the middle clip set to the track above and luminance. Then on the track above, you can set any key you want in the Lumetri HSL tab. Leave the mask set to black/white.

And then on the middle clip, you can use any control in Lumetri on the clip.

The intriguing thing about this, is you are working on the original pixels, no matter what changes have been applied in the clip on V1. And ... the changes are applied to the clip on V1, not either of the upper two.

Which doesn't help trying to get a key and paste results from that key across clips. But again, an HSL key needs to work from the pixels. Exact, real pixels. And not referred to some other spot on another clip that might be moved or not. Which can be frustrating.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 05, 2023 Sep 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So, is this a new bug? This page shows to do it with an adjustment layer... https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/hsl-secondary-controls.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines