HSL Secondary Color Selector Not Working

Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2022 Feb 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, everyone. I have a new M1 Max 16" MacBook Pro, and I'm using it with the latest Premiere Pro.

Suddenly, the color picker in the HSL area has stopped working. It doesn't select 

if I choose a color, a selection, if very broad, DOES work, grabs a large swath.

But my picker is kaput!

Anyone else experiencing this?

Ernie

TOPICS
Editing , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 19, 2022 Feb 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ernie,

We're sorry to hear about this. Have you tried resetting app preferences to check if it's working properly? If it's still not working, try running the app in Rosetta mode & let us know if it helps.

Thanks,

Sumeet

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2022 Feb 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is Rosetta mode?

I have retried resetting the App, trashing preferences.

Thanks for your help.
[Personal information removed by moderator.]

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2022 Mar 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The HSL color selector DOES work in Rosetta mode, but occasionally the exported footage comes out completely white. This is probably unrelated, but is further indication that Premiere is buggy with the incredibly powerful M1 Max.

I can't wait till these issues are eliminated, because I'd rather NOT work in the slower (if not a lot slower) Rosetta mode.

It seems the HSL issue is eliminated when working with small files. When I used 4K footage, Long GOP or ALL-I, the color picker does nothing (in regular, nonRosetta mode).

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Ernie,

did you get any further information or another solution for this problem?
Unfortunately I have to work with relatively large files, too bad that there is no solution from Adobe yet.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I still have to work in Rosetta mode—or else the problem exists. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2022 Feb 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same Problem here. I´m also using a M1 Macbook Pro 13" (2020) and the latest Version of Premiere Pro.
The Color picker is picking a specific color, doesn´t matter which area i choose. It´s just not working right.

I need to use this to "repair" skintones in my Projects. Hopefully there is a quick solution.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines