Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HSL Secondary isn't working at all

New Here ,
Dec 16, 2022 Dec 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Group,

I've just started with Premier pro and i'm gettinng a good grasp on some basic editing i'm now moving on to HSL Secondary so i may be doing something wrong here! but i followed a couple of videos on colour grading and played around with some settings and after multiple attempts i've realised that my HSL Secondary is doing absolutely nothing.... I mean nothing!.. I've tried everything to change even one colour and absolutely nothing is happening... used the eye drop tool, been through every set colour, slid every HSL bar to the extremes, used the correction wheel, absolutely nothing is happening..

Can anyone help? am i doing something completely stupid? am i missing a simple trick?

I even updated the whole software so all up to date.

Thnaks in advance.

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , How to , Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A fin de que nos quede más claro el porqué del error, podrías poner alguna captura de pantalla de los settings que usas y asi poder ayudarte.
Salu2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We can't tell what problems you are having without more details and probably the screen grab Harold requested. So I'll just give general help.

When new to this not many realize the two part functions of the HSL, the top part is setting a "key", selecting the pixels to be changed. The second, bottom part is using the lower tools of the HSL tab to change the pixels selected by the key above.

First you need a functional key. Selecting something either with the eyedropper tool or manually adjusting one or more of the three selecting tools, the sliders of H, S, and L.

You check your key and refine by setting the mask "on", typically color/grey. The color selection is in color, the rest of the image grey. Then use the sliders to more accurately select only what image area you want.

After the key is set, turn the mask off. Use the tools below the HSL sliders to change the selection.

I've seen many noobs set a key but then try to use the color/tonal controls from other Lumetri sections. Which doesn't work.

Again, give more details and we can get you sorted.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines