• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hue rotation slider with luma compensation

Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure of the exact technical term for this but is there a slider that rotates the entire frame's hue while maintaining the luminance value like it does for the curves in Lumetri color? The reason I can't use the one in Lumetri is it doesn't allow keyframes. I can't use Color Balance (HLS) because it just rotates the hue without compensating for the change in luminance.

Also let me know if there's one in After Effects.

TOPICS
Effects and Titles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

The obsolete 'Fast color Corrector' appears to do this via the Hue angle control (keyframable). That work?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 31, 2021 Jan 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try 'Change Color' effect and set tolerance to 100%. Then adjust Hue Transform.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion but that has the same results as Color Balance (HLS).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 31, 2021 Jan 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could use the Lumetri panel ... but applied on an adjustment layer. That way you can control the effect over time via the Opacity for the layer.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion but it just fades directly to the modified hue. If I set it to 180°, at 50% opacity it's just black and white. I want it to cycle through every hue while maintaining luminance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure I follow exactly what issue you're facing. Are you using the Hue Vs Hue curve? What kind of image are you applying the effect to? Video or graphics? What change in luminance are you seeing and is it in the shadows/highlights?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I use Color Balance (HLS), when I rotate the hue, the colours change in a way that ignores the luminance value. For example, a 180° hue rotation will turn pure red (FF0000) into pure cyan (00FFFF). But pure cyan is much brighter than pure red, in other words, it doesn't maintain the luminance value. The same thing goes for every other colour.
The Hue vs Hue curve in Lumetri can compensate for this and rotate the hue while maintaining the luminance value. However, it isn't a slider, it's a curve and can't be key-framed.
I need to animate the hue rotation while maintaining consistent luminance.

I want to apply it to video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The obsolete 'Fast color Corrector' appears to do this via the Hue angle control (keyframable). That work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's it. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2022 Feb 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used the hue angle key frame effect all the time and now fast color has been completely removed I can't find an equiavalent. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lumetri panel, the Hue vs Hue curve. Just grab it and move it up or down, it rotates hues around the color wheel. Unfortunately though, you can't keyframe the Curves panel settings.

You have to apply a Curves change to a Lumetri instance, then keyframe the entire Lumetri effect 'opacity' by using the masks at the top of the Lumetri effect (in the ECP). Make one covering the whole image and keyframe the mask opacity.

I've seen people with two-three of these stacked and keyframed.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good day, Tim.

I have an idea for you. Try Proc Amp > Hue. Does that work for you?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Proc Amp > Hue. Perfect! Thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, great call! I've never found a use for that previously, but ... now I can see one!

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome!

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2022 Apr 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin, thanks for the Proc Amp > Hue tip, that's good to know. But unlike the OP I was quite happy with Color Balance (HLS) and now it has been removed – it would be great to have it back in some form, ie to be able to change hue without changing luminance. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To clarify: I mean change hue over time, without luminance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh and while I'm here it would be great to have Channel Mixer back also! Thanks 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines