• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Huge problems with CinemaDNG files from Blackmagic Cinema Camera 2,5k

Explorer ,
Aug 16, 2022 Aug 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We shot this very big project some years ago when the Pocket 4k wasn't available. So we shot this project in CinemaDNG 2,5k with the Blachmagic Cinema Camera. The person who did all the editing just put all the CinemaDNG material direct into Premiere and edited everything. So now years later we wanted to finish the project and now we have some big problems.

Problem 1: All the highlights in the material are gone inside Premiere. No chance to recover the highlights which are there. Are there any ways to make this work in Premiere? I tried a lot of things and maybe there is a way with the new way the color space works?

Problem 2: Of course I tried to send the edit to Resolve with an XML but a big mess up is happening then. A lot of the edit will be fine but now and then some random clips are wrongly assigned. This is not just happening with this CinemaDNG files but instead it might happen that Resolve shows drone material in a quicktime container instead. For me very confusing because for relinking the material it should be at least an error that the program didn't found the footage. I have no explonaition for this.

So both ways are not a very good one to work and we are stuck in finishing this project.

Do you have maybe an idea how to deal with this problem?

By the way I use the newest version of Premiere Pro (22.5)

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 16, 2022 Aug 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

try this:  select a clip in the project window, and choose modify: interpret footage and see what the color space is set to.  I'm not running premiere at the moment, but it's at the bottom of the window...  and if it's not rec 709, try ignoring the color space and forcing it to rec 709.  May fix the problem... or not.  but worth a shot..  Post back and let us know if this helps.  

As far as the footage that's not importing properly, if you put it all on one video layer in Premiere and export that layer as a high quality video file (something like prores 422 or higher if you're on a mac - afaik, prores does not work on windows in resolve) and then use the edit detect function to break up the clip in premiere and then export an xml, you should be good to go in resolve.  If this isn't clear, post back.  just waiting for a zoom with a client to start so don't have any more time at the moment

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines