I am getting fed up trying to learn Premier

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2021 Oct 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been editing videos for 20 plus year, mainly of Vegas Pro. Since I use Photoshop and Lightroom I decided to try Premier.

This program is so hard for me to learn that I am considering uninstalling it and going back to Vegas.

From the keyframes on I just can not understand why it is so difficult for me.

Are there any easy to follow tutorials out there. I want to figure it out but getting way to fed up.

Any simpler way I am willing to try.

Let's start with keyframes. I have used them alot in Vegas and it should not be this hard.

Thank you

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may want to consider an Adobe Certified Instructor led class. These classes can be in person and on-line. I teach Premiere and After Effects out of the Chicago area.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a specific issue you are having? Or a specific effect you are trying to achieve?

I've not used Vegas so I can't comment on how it works but it sounds like perhaps it has a very different way of working.

When you open Premiere, trying clicking on the 'Learn' button on the left of the splashscreen. This will lead you to a whole bunch of tutorials from Adobe.

You can also go on Youtube, there are thousands of training and tutorial videos for Premiere, covering many different tasks and aspects of the application.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every non-linear editor (NLE) is radically different from every other in use. To switch you really need to let go of the other app and learn how the new one works. And it doesn't make any difference if it's Avid, Resolve, PrPro, Vegas, whatever.

And yea, it's frustrating at times. I work mainly in PrPro, but do some things in Resolve. Two completely different applications.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Stick with it, once it clicks you'll love it.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines