• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can't export in PP or AME; AME is trying to make my video greyscale?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2022 Aug 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've been trying to render a roughly 30-minute video since yesterday and haven't been able to get it to finish. The software often hangs either when beginning the export, or once it got to 100% and then got stuck.

The weirdest thing is that if I try to export with AME instead of directly from PP, it renders as a black and white video. But if I cancel that and begin rendering straight from PP without changing any settings, the colors are fine.

I've tried rolling PP and AME back to the previous version and that didn't fix it. I don't have previews on in the export settings. I don't have either the "display color management" or "extended dynamic range monitoring" preference checkboxes checked.

Windows 10 (64 bit)

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core processor

RAM: 32 GB

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: I may have figured out how to get it to directly export from PP. I turned off a few effects that my remote editor used that may not be fully set up on my machine. It's exporting now, and I'll update when it either finishes or hangs. (Only other change I made was rolling back to two versions ago, so PP 22.3.1.

I don't think this would explain the weird AME greyscale exports though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay, it successfully rendered! I updated the NVIDIA studio drivers and then tested rendering it in AME to see if that would solve the weird black and white issue, and it didn't. So I'm still not sure what's going on there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines