• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can't live capture from my Sony cameras

New Here ,
Dec 23, 2022 Dec 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Sony camera is connected to a Mac (Catalina) with Premiere Pro 2022.

In the Device Control portion of Preferences, the options panel show the device status is online. However, when I attempt to start a capture, I see the error "Capture Device Offline." I ran the Creative Cloud update for Premiere Pro to be up to date--(22.6.3).  

To troubleshoot, as best I cold, I ruled out each variable (cables, output ports, device functionality, etc.). I

Steps I have taken to troubleshoot:

1. Used different cabled and adapters where I could to rule out unknowns. I was not able to rule out the cabled for the HDR camera, however, this camera worked as recently as one or two months ago. Additionally, we have the same error from Premiere Pro with other cameras.
  2. Tested the cameras on multiple USB ports on the Mac.
  3. For the cameras that have on-board SD cards, I connected to the Mac in storage mode to view the files.
  4. Tested the monitor/export port on the csmeras by connecting them to TV.

Screen Shot 2022-12-23 at 4.18.43 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-12-23 at 1.31.33 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-12-23 at 1.33.21 AM.png

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere will not capture live. It will only capture from tape (SD or HDV) via Firewire.

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/setting-system.html

Camera's with SD cards: transfer (card reader) entire content to HDD first, then ingest into Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the quick reply.

My HDV camera is connected to the Mac via Firewire in the manner described in the link you sent. The tape is recorded in HDV and the camera is set to HDV (instead of DV). The i.LINK CONV parameter is set to off so the the camera will not try to down-convert the video.  In Premiere Pro, I have also tested toggling the Capture: In/Out & Tape settings. Still, I see the the error "Capture Device Offline" in the Capture window.

Does Premiere Pro automatically determines if the video input is HD or HDV? I always have concerns on automatic detection of something. Unfortunately, I do not see an option to set the video format to HD or HDV to match what the camera is sending. The Capture Settings window, the Capture Format type is blank and nothing is listed for me to choose.  Might this be an issue if the video type, cannot be chosen or is incorrectly chosen?

Any additional thoughts?

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines