• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can't see masks edges

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2016 Nov 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyine I hav e a little problem.

Everytime I add a mask I can't see its edges. The mask works fine and I can resize it, rotate it and do whatever I want but I cant see the path around it so it's not very easy to work on it.

Is there any shortcut I don't know that I can use? Some button to toggle the visibility of the path on and off? Is it a bug? I did the update to cc 2017 yesterday I don't know if that could be the reason.

Thank you in advance for your help.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 07, 2016 Nov 07, 2016

Hi Matteobertizzi85,

Try the following steps,

1. Create a new project in Premiere Pro CC 2017, Import the project file(.Prproj) created in CC 2015 into it using File > Import & check the mask edges.

If issue persists,

2. Go to the following location in the machine

In Windows, C:\Users\UserName\Documents\Adobe\Premiere Pro\11.0 (Or)

In Mac, Documents > Adobe > Premiere Pro > 11.0

Rename the 11.0 folder to Old_11.0

Launch Premiere Pro, Create a new project(do not open Old projects)

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2018 Sep 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

12.1.2 STILL HAPPENING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2018 Oct 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I have the version 13 and I still have this issue! Did anybody found a permanent fix? This is really annoying...

I noticed that if I open the project and before selecting any mask I go to "effect" workspace and then I select themask, I can see the edges.

If I change workspace, they desappear and even if I go back to "effect" they are not appearing anymore!

How do you guys are able to work with it?? Please suggest something!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, for the mask to appear the "Mask1" or whichever one it is heading needs to be selected/highlighted.

Next, if you have any monitor scaling going on, the mask UI may or may not show at any one time.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2018 Nov 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2019 Feb 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2019, adobe premiere 2019, version 13.0.2 and still this bug. What a shame. Everyone must know this before thinking in buying premiere. Many proyects are delayed because of this, so think before work with Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its still a bug, but slightly resizing the window is all it takes to "fix" it.  No big deal.  ANNOYING, but fixable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 16, 2019 Sep 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. That 'worked' for me. I got my handles back, but resizing the window (by pulling up slightly) hid my header tabs. Rolling the mouse over where they were and a little triangle appears. I click it, the headers return but the frame handles are gone again. Like getting water from the facet in my kitchen by opening the one for my tube. Adobe should hang their heads for letting this bug (among others) go on this long and acting like it doesn't exist. Shame on them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have any scaling of the monitor going on?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 14, 2019 Mar 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was going crazy with this bug, spent hours trying to work with a mask that I could only see by it's effect! Anyway, glad I found this thread (at least I wasn't alone). I fixed the problem by simply resetting the workspace to the default layout: Menu > Effects > 'hamburger' > Reset to saved layout. Now all my masks show properly.

I'll never get those hours back, Adobe....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just drag the panel a pixel or two and the handles magically reappear.  It has to do with monitor scaling, resolution and whatever freaky code Adobe has running=)  A simple workaround for something that will probably never be fixed.  If you run everything at native resolution, its probably fine, but who the hell has the eyes to work with an interface that tiny?  Its just unhealthy. You have to scale it up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As often noted here and elsewhere, 150% seems to work for most users, it's 125% that's the problem.

So go with either 100% or 150%.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2019 Mar 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very frustrating trying to get work done with this issue. Sometimes resizing the window allows the mask to come back. Other times renaming the root folder does the trick. The bug is still alive and apparently adobe has been giving this issue a cold shoulder since 2016. You've had 3 years now Adobe. What are you doing besides ignoring your users?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What scaling is your monitor set for? Personally I'm primarily concerned with what simply works versus what doesn't.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't see masks Blue edges FIXED !!! Blue Outline now visible with stacked Pannel in Premiere pro - ...

Seems to do the trick. This bug is annoying but nothing like the bug that crashes after effects when you try to reset the workspace.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2019 Mar 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More success to report on this issue.... If you click a corner and attempt to resize the entire Adobe Premiere CC2019 V13 window I've found the masking tool to come back at certain intervals throughout the resizing movement. Once the filter comes back be careful to keep it at that exact size. If it's showing I know I'll be able to work with it for that window size. When moving from a larger window size to a smaller window size the mask will drop off and come back about 10 times. Essentially I've got about 10 window sizes to work with the masking tool. All other sizes will not show the tool.

Hope this helps!-

ZG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2019 Sep 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

200% working ---- guarantee

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rzk74S0nCrE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2019 Oct 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tired these steps but it still doesn't work....can't see blue edges...help plss

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2019 Oct 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bro, just try all the above solutions given by these all genius persons, but if still, still did not work out, just close everything, restart the PC or Mac, and try switching workspace to Editing (works for me after trying everything) or color or something else. Check the mask, and yeah the lines with be there.. all the best. Peace.

Mahesh Bhojya. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2019 Dec 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IF you are using TWO monitors, several things in Premiere do not work if the Program Monitor is not in the Application (as opposed to a floating panel), AND on the MAIN display, and sometimes even if any of the panels you're trying to use are not docked inside the application, for instance the Effect Controls panel.  So, before you go to the trouble of their "Correct Answer", check the above FIRST, and if that doesn't work, dock all floating panels, put them all inside the application ON the MAIN display, Save, Close Premiere, re-launch Premiere, and try again.  90% of my issues with premiere are a direct result of this BUG.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2020 Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2021 Mar 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To anyone else having this issue, it was an error with the import. I'd reimported an image at a larger resolution, and it kept the resolution of the old picture on some of them I believe. 

The fix was to rename the source file, and relocate (after they register as offline) them from within Premiere. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2021 Mar 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

can't seem to delete this but it's posted on the wrong forum.. thought i was replying to something else. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines