I have three Mac Pros (1 trashcan, 2 cheese graters) connected to a shared storage and we are all editing using a Production. We've been working this way for about a month and it's been working great. Today, one of the cheese grater Mac Pros started acting up. In the Production window, the twirl down triangle is missing for some folders and not every project is showing up. But if we navigate to one of the missing project files on the HD, it will open and we can work on it. That one had auto update turned on for Creative Cloud app so it updated to the newest Premiere 2022 so I'm thinking that might be the culprit. We tried resetting the preferences but that didn't work. We're all running Macos Catalina and Premiere 2022.
I'm sure I'm forgetting a key detail in this post so please bear with me.
They would all need to be on the same builds of Premiere ...
They're now all on the same build of Premiere 2022 and it's not any better. In fact we now have other problems that are making it hard to work.
It's just this one machine. Also, right click doesn't work in the Production window.
We've reset workspace, preferences, etc and it still keeps happening. It's really frustrating.
Have you considered an uninstall/reinstall on that machine? Something in the underlying setup is screwy. You might even need to "go nuclear" ... using their Adobe CC Cleaner Tool.
We tried reinstalling Premiere, installing older versions of 2022, etc and I was about to completely reinstall Creative Cloud but I solved the problem. In the search bar in the Production window, a space had been typed so it was only showing proejcts that had spaces in the titles. I'm not sure why that space was staying when we restarted and reinstalled Premiere but it did. The other problems I was having were unrelated to this and they have all been solved. Thanks for your help.
Dang, but something little like that can be a pisser at times ... just good to know you've found the problem and are working away.
Wow! Good catch. Yes, strange one. Sometimes when I log into a clients desktop for support or such, when I call up their data on the main screen the first customer is something like Wilkens Automotive or such, and I always ask them, is that member supposed to be sorted first and they just shrug their shoulders. So I edit that record and take the space out before the Company name, and it goes into real alpha order. Well done!