I couldnt render and still cant render files in adobe premiere properly

New Here ,
Feb 13, 2022 Feb 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used to edit my 10bit 4k footage with an i7 7700k and a 1080 FE graphics card but now ive upgraded to a 3080ti and the i7 12700k and it is supposed to be lightyears faster... I cant even press play without the clips being stuck on one clip while music is playing in the background.  This is super frustrating and before you ask, yes the gpu accelerator is on.  I cant seem to find the issue.

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure to use the latest Studio Driver from NVIDIA (NOT the Game Driver).

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly this did nothing

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i checked while rendering and it utilizes my gpu max at 5% and an average of 1%. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To give you more of an idea of my issues... I have plenty of free space on drives.  Im using an NVME drive.  32GB of RAM.  Also using proxies and running my playback on 1/8th of res.  Im dropping 140 frames every 5 seconds of playback.  This is horrible and I would doubt a hardware issue.  3080ti and 12700k should be blowing through 4k footage

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What kind of proxy files did you make?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ProRes422

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines