• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I did not allow Adobe to uninstall PR 14.2. Why is Adobe going againts pro customers?

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An Open letter to Adobe policymakers: 

Dear Adobe,

your Adobe mindset is standing againts your long term customers and comunity! Why you keep forcing me to update my versions of Premiere I decided to work with? I preffer to stay few years on one stable versions, as I work on many long term projects with various people at once. I wish to edit, not to deal with you updates! 

Creative Cloud (without me knowing!) deleted my long term used verion I share with my various coworkers. You have no clue how harming are you to a creative community dependent on your products!

I wish Adobe completely fires all of its CEOs and decision makers, this is just horrible, how you treat people, and customers. You are an evil corporate to me. 

Dear Adobe, give me back my 14.1 version! I choosed not to delete old version! I DO NOT wish to delete it!!! I need to use it, now! 
TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

krstfff,

Sorry for the frustration. I believe you and others clicked through an ability to retain older versions that previously required no interaction and previous settings were respected. This has been brought up by others and I believe I also did the same thing. I'm also peeved about this and don't recall clicking through anything, but according to my colleagues, I guess I did. Once a version is deleted, there is no way to get it back, so I'm sorry I can't do that for you.

If you wish to give feedback to the developers about this issue, go here: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro I would certainly upvote the issue, if you create one.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The users have to be a little diligent. The 'defaults' of the CC Desktop app are to

• auto-update everything and
  • remove previous versions.

Which for most users, is not what we want. And yes, we need to go into the CC Desktop App's preferences and set it to auto-update the CC app, but go down to the Apps tab and de-select auto update.

And users need to check that every once in a while, as it can reset itself at times.

Also ... when you do update ... do check to make sure 'remove previous versions' is not checked.

Eternal vigilance ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines