• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I don’t have access to “Caption Import Settings”

New Here ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I click window > captions, and try to edit the caption import settings, I don't have a button at the bottom of the panel that says caption import settings. There are no buttons and no ways to visit these settings. I have 2018. What can I do?

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Import , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captions workflow and UI has been overhauled in a very recent release: are you able to upgrade?
Was it working before? Or are you following a tutorial, which shows the button but you cannot see it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi thanks for your reply. I'm mid project so I can't update now, it's recommended to not update when still working on a project correct? I have never needed to access these settings before. I'm trying to import a caption file for the first time. I am following this tutorial, https://youtu.be/tfc5xNPMQt0 and trying to adjust the default import settings before importing my first srt file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no reason why you can't update and see if it solves your problem, if not, you can revert to the previous version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One thing ... there's an option on updates, "remove prior version" ... if you see that, uncheck it. This way you can keep all previous versions you have installed active.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As noted, there is no longer an Import Settings button. Click on the Captions workspace. Create or select the sequence you will be working in. When you do the import, it allows you to select the type of caption stream.

Many of the other settings can be specified after import by using the styling options in the Essential Graphics panel. You can create a Track Style and apply that.

The tutorial you posted illustrates the Transcription function that is NOT YET available. 

Start here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/user-guide.html/premiere-pro/using/working-with-captions.ug.htm...

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having similar issues, but in the new captions I can't seem to change the FPS for my srt files. I can change frame rate import setting in 2020, but even when i export new updated srt from 2020 and bring it into 2021, it always comes in at 30fps. I've not been able to find any preference control for this anywhere either. Any ideas? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you seeing actual sync problem?

I don't know how caption framerate works in PR 2021. I also do not see any way to change it for an import .srt etc. My guess has been that PR is adapting the functional framerate to the sequence to caption is created in.  So I suggest importing srt TO A SEQUENCE and not just importing them generally into a project. 

Note that an srt has no framerate set in the file. You'd have to know what framerate was used to create the timecodes.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines