• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I edited my footage using my proxies that I made, instead of using the full 4k footage then toggling proxies. Help?

Feb 24, 2019 Feb 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I edited my footage using my proxies that I made, instead of using the full 4k footage then toggling proxies. Help? I was wondering if instead of re-editing all of the footage I could some how convert those proxies back to the 4k clips (without up-scaling the footage when exported). Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 25, 2019 Feb 25, 2019

Select everything in the project panel, right click --> proxies --> reconnect full resolution media.

If it does not link others automatically:

1- Make sure "attach others automatically" is checked

2- If the filenames are different, Uncheck "filename" and check "media start" that might help.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the proxies have exactly the same name before the dot, you can select the original media, right-click "Make offline".

Then right-click the files in the bin, "locate", and navigate to the first file on disc and connect. Hopefully it will see and collect the others.

You will need to change sequence settings of course,  and go down the line making sure everything works well.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the proxies have exactly the same name before the dot, you can select the original media, right-click "Make offline".

Even if they don't have the same name, you can trick Premiere into using the original clips by renaming them to match the proxies. Use a batch file renamer to do this. Bridge has one built-in, as does macOS. For Windows, Bulk Rename Utility is ugly as hell, but feature-rich and gets the job done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 25, 2019 Feb 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select everything in the project panel, right click --> proxies --> reconnect full resolution media.

If it does not link others automatically:

1- Make sure "attach others automatically" is checked

2- If the filenames are different, Uncheck "filename" and check "media start" that might help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 24, 2021 Oct 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am trying to do the same thing, (Proxies sequence to 6k footage that is all offline) but I have way too much footage to reconnect all my 6k media at once. (Around 80TB of .braw @ 6k on 10 slow drives)

Is there a way to only get the parts of clips used in a sequence?

On Avid we called this "onlining".  Copy the sequence, disconnect all media (called decomposing a sequence), and re-digitize only the sequence footage at "high res" with 30 frame handles. 

I don't want to (and can't) just toggle the proxies or "reconnect full resolution media". 

Does this process sound familiar? What is this process called in Premiere Pro? I always just called it "onlining".  🙂

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines