• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I have a capital A at the end of some of my captions that can't be deleted

New Here ,
Jan 02, 2023 Jan 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all - I'm new to premiere pro, so this may be an easy fix or something silly I'm doing but I couldn't find any answers online. At the end of several of my captions, there is a capital A, that I have not typed. The A cannot be highlighted or deleted, and moves around with the text when I move the text box around. It only shows up in the preview of the video, not in the Captions and Graphics panel. I'm using version 23.1.0 of premiere pro on windows. A issue.PNG

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , Error or problem , Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Aug 24, 2023 Aug 24, 2023

Hi there. A little late here but was just having this same issue, but I poked around a bit and figured it out. For me the A seems to indicate that my text box containing the caption wasn't large enough and some of the words were being cut off. I enlarged the box and the "A" went away. Not sure if that's totally correct but it worked here. Good luck all!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Might be overlapping end and start time are the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sabina,

That is strange. You may have tried this already, but disable all the video tracks (eyeball). Is the "A" still there?

Ann, PR commonly makes the ending timecode and the next starting timecode the same if there is no space between them.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 03, 2023 Jan 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just looking at the next line which is an A.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 03, 2023 Jan 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I missed that Ann. I can't replicate it.

Sabina, what is the source of the captions? The Transcribe tab?

Many users run into issues getting captions to fit in the vertical frame, with a size that viewers can see well on phones. Since your captions are already overflowing, I wonder how you plan to deal with that?

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2023 Aug 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there. A little late here but was just having this same issue, but I poked around a bit and figured it out. For me the A seems to indicate that my text box containing the caption wasn't large enough and some of the words were being cut off. I enlarged the box and the "A" went away. Not sure if that's totally correct but it worked here. Good luck all!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines