• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I have to render again everytime i reopen Premiere Pro 2017, why ? solution ?

Contributor ,
Jun 17, 2017 Jun 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The bar above the clips is yellow again after reopening although before saving last time the bar was all green after rendering. Happens everytime i reopen premiere pro

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2022 Nov 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I think that's the correct answer but...In my case, I have it configurated in "Same as project" with more than 4T available. What could be a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 20, 2017 Jun 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you all for your answers, I'll look into it. Another problem that I haven't really get an answer from Adobe is that although my 4k compressed mp4 video files upload fast within seconds to my computer from my harddrive , it takes about 5 minutes (and now often stuck so i need to reboot my computer) for those same mp4 or mov files to upload from my external harddrive to Premiere Pro. What is the solution ? I have 16 bg ram in the computer and and changed the ram for other application from 5 to 8gb suggestion from Adobe when I called, which helped and the usb port from harddrive to my computer is is 3.0. But its still aweful. Thanks for your help in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 20, 2017 Jun 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro doesn't move files from drive to drive ... so it's not 'uploading' anything. If you're talking time after using the Media Browser panel to select, then right-click/Import the media ... and five minutes before PrPro is done with cache files, that's what it's doing ... making cache files.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 21, 2017 Jun 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neil you seem to have a lot of knowledge.  So to try to clarify your answer from the solution's perspective to a layman : So when opening Premiere Pro and while media browser automatically starts to upload the video files, in order to make the upload more effective, I should right click somewhere ? or uncheck cache files box somewhere ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Terms mean something, and certainly have the power to confuse ... "uploading" is the process of copying files from one media to another hardware setup, such as uploading from a memory card from a camera to a computer hard-drive/SSD.

When you start up PrPro, it doesn't "upload" anything ... it loads files into RAM and looks through the cache files for data applicable to the current project loaded. Depending on what it finds it may create ("generate") audio cache and "pek" files and a few other things. This is probably part of what you're seeing.

The Media Browser doesn't automatically upload anything ... it only imports what files you use it to navigate to on disc, select, and then click import.

When you use the Media Browser to import files, it doesn't move them anywhere ... it only imports the data about those files into the PrPro media cache database. Depending on how many & what type of media or other assets you're importing, it will generate data for the internal database about that media, so PrPro knows what to do with that media. After "importing" assets into PrPro, you utilize them from the Project Panel.

When you create bins in PrPro's Project panel, and move things into them, whether sequences, clips, sub-clips, graphics, whatever, nothing is moved on disc. PrPro's bins are a "virtual" means of organizing where you collect and access bits of your project from within PrPro. PrPro's bins have nothing whatever to do with where the media is stored in the computer.

Does that help some?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, it is certainly a thorough long answer with knowledge. Regarding my problem though I'm still trying to find a solution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How full is that external drive?

Where are your Adobe Premiere folders "Media Cache" and "Media Cache Files"  located?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Plenty of space in the external harddrive .  Video preview files also saved in that external harddrive same location.   But Media Cache Database is in in the computer's internal harddrive as Adobe is.  It seems that I have problems mainly when the media browser "uploads" a large amount of video files from a particular folder with the most amount of video files in it from my external harddrive.  Also when i open premiere pro it says missing files , which I just cancel and proceed so i don't think that's the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess I do not understand the Media Browser maybe because I rarely use it.  Once the files are in Project Window what does the Media Browser have to do with the project.  I thought the Media Browser was just used to locate files and once located it should not be involved in restarting a project.  Or am I wrong on that.

As you can afford it you will find SSD's are the way to go.  On this laptop I can very comfortably and smoothly edit files with long GOP structure like my son's GoPro 4K media at full resolution off of a USB 3 portable SSD like the Samsung T3.  While it does have a yellow line above the timeline in Premiere Pro (no effects applied), when it plays without any lost frames and it almost instantly allows me to move from my laptop to my desktop I could not be happier.  Of course I do have SSD's for the OS/Applications in both cases.

Oh I just cleared both caches and plugged the T3 back into my laptop and played the timeline back with 1 frame lost.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim you are probably right, it's just that the video files are quite large to store in the computer's internal hard drive. How about checking the box to automatically delete media cache files? Because when I encountered the problem I noticed that  Premiere Pro was taking 99% of its CPU and memory

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 22, 2017 Jun 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the video files are quite large to store in the computer's internal hard drive.

The proper solution there is a larger internal hard drive for media.

Editing requires lots of space.  I do recommend accommodating that, rather than trying to avoid it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2023 Jul 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I had the same issue after update called a free fine number for Adobe the very kind man to remote access of my computer and fix this issue 

call them up it’s a settings migration problem I am a happy man now I hope this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2023 Jul 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Call them they will sort it I had the same issue it’s a settings migration issue 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 25, 2024 Jan 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a similar issue with my feature documentary.

It seems, over a certain length, Premiere fails when loading the project/timeline and just pretends I have no rendered previews.

EVERY TIME I restart Premiere I have to re-render the previews for the entire timeline, not just the effects. My timeline is 1 hour and 47 minutes long, and it would be nice if I could open my file and playback my film in the timeline when starting fresh from a reboot...

2024, and still no solution Adobe???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No details means no real help available sadly.

OS/CPU/RAM, specific number.number version of Premiere.

And the project uses what sort of storage,  local, NAS, what?

Old-style stand alone project, or a Production?

(And for that size of project it of course should be in a Production.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some of you guys treat this bug like it's device-specific, but I've been experiencing it accross multiple machines with sufficient storage. It's been a known problem since I've been professionally editing. The preview files themselves are still there and can be chronologically dropped off on the timeline depending on how you rendered them, but Premiere can't seem to pick up on the fact that *the files are there*.

It happens regardless of the version of Premiere or the drive it's on (same as project or a secondary drive on my system). It would be easy to explain away with the "drive is not available" theory, except the drives are always available, and when they're not, it's fairly easy to decipher the problem.

It happened with cineform as a work format and it happens with prores, it doesn't seem to matter what I work with, it just happens. I'll grant that I don't work with compressed footage, though, so maybe you don't allocate enough time for drives to be read (nvme drives, but filesizes could play into it?), maybe it's something else, just please for the love of God test your software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Aprime 

Sorry to hear you are experiencing an issue.

I use Premiere Pro daily and have not had this issue.  I am currently using 23.6.2.  Which version are you on?

Have you tried uisng a mezzanine CODEC?  These can function as their own preview file in the Timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2024 Mar 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I also have this same issue, i'm a documentary film maker and this is my second doc editing in premiere and ive just gotten used to rendering the whole thing every time before I start, but it's getting so annoying that i'm considering using a different editing program. Its very annoying to do that for an hour long film with lots of effects. my scratch disk/preview files are not the issue, they are on a 12tb hard drive which is also the destination drive of the project file etc, it's got numerous TB of space. it's the same thing as all the other posters described, regardless of i rename the file or just hit "save" the next time i open it i have to re-render EVERYTHING. I'm using an apple computer and version 14.9.0 of premiere 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As most of us can't replicate it, it would seem to definitely be device specific in some sense, wouldn't it?

It's a real pain if you're getting it, that's a given. And that some users do get this mess is also a given.

But ... the why ... that's the elusive thing so far. 

And ... if most of us users aren't getting it, and the devs haven't replicated it, I'd say it's not about simply testing the software. They DO.  And again, most users aren't getting this crud.

So there's a troubleshooting process that has to determine what triggers the blame thing. Which over the years, some really odd things have found to be a 'trigger' for some weird stuff. Like ... the onedrive.dll file fiasco back about 2017. On some Windows machine, but only a small subset, the onedrive.dll file caused all sorts of mess. Delete that from your system, the behavior stopped.

But ... only some of us on PCs got that, including me. One user sat at his computer for a couple days, going through I don't know how many files ... system files included ... and deleted one file at a time. Rebooted. Made sure Windows seemed 'normal', then launched Premiere. After the gazilionth file, he happened to delete onedrive.dll.

Voila, problems gone! 

So he posted here, a bunch of us were able to replicate it, and ... the devs could find a fix as they knew it was some interaction with what that file did on the computer.

That's how freakishly bizarre things have been. Another is a sound card that was pretty popular. A driver update (which occurred in the background, no one knew that had been updated) messed up Premiere ... but only for those users with that sound card and that specific driver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines