I’m Panicking, Export is Gray

New Here ,
Apr 30, 2022 Apr 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m a noob and I’m freaking out. I’m not new to video editing and have created and successfully export videos. However, I am currently stuck and have no idea how to fix the issue. I’m on a MacBook, Premier Pro v22.3. As the title states the [Command M] drop down is grayed out. I have watched over an hour of YouTube tutorials on how to fix this and suggested work arounds.

The export command is (now) also grayed out for all my previous video projects even those I have already successfully exported.

I emptied the cache. I restarted my computer.I also uninstalled and reinstalled Premiere Pro.

Still gray. Please help!

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure your sequence has the focus before trying to export.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Richard.

What do you mean "sequence has the focus?" Do you mean that the sequence panel is selected?

—Dimitry

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to look up "sequence focus." I think I know what may have happened. I cleared my cache in Preferences and I may have [stupidly] selected "Delete all media cache from the system." Would this erase all the sequence settings inormation?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, Premiere will rebuild the cache if it needs to, it might take a little time. Setting the focus means having the sequence timeline selected as if you are editing.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I thought I had tried that, I will give it another go. Thank you, sir, for your help. 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines