• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I need help automating a text scroll (not for credits)

Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2023 Mar 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

 Hello!

I need help - big time. If any community knows how to solve this problem - it's you guys!

My regular video content is audio adaptations of horror audio books - on the right hand side of the screen I have a slow text scroll (you can see it in action here) that allows people to read along in a pleasant way. Whilst it looks ok - the way in which I render and edit it is extremely time consuming and I would literally pay for someone to make the scroll auto sync to the spoken word.

If this helps - I render the entire source text crawl in after effects ... then import the textscroll.mp4 into premiere and adjust the speed percentage to stay inline with the spoken word manually. It works ok but as I said ... it takes so much time for longer videos and I feel there has to be a better way.

I tried to use auto speech to text ... but it's not quite the look that I need. What is interesting though, is if you look at the "Text" tab and look at the transcribe section and hit play ... that section of the user interface is exactly what I need. It highlights every spoken word and the paragraph slowly scrolls with my audio. This is what I need my videos to do automatically.

Also - I need to be able to use an exsisting transcript for the text input as the work i cover uses a lot of non-standard words and phrases that an auto transcription service will never pick up. I managed to work around the auto speech to text by using descript and exporting the .srt file ... but again premiere uses that info as subtitles and cannot be made to look like a "text scroll".

I know this is a lot to ask but again I am willing to pay if this requires extra software ect. This is my last ditch effort to try and find a solution to this problem. I hope someone can help me or point me in the right direction.

Apologies if this is hard to follow - if you're willing to help i'd be happy to try and explain this better if I haven't done a good job.

Regards,

TOPICS
Editing , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just for the record: your text scrolls not crawls.

Might want to consider speech to text over this scrolling text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My mistake, Apologies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you want me to fix the text?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That would be very helpful, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just for the record: your text scrolls not crawls.

Might want to consider speech to text over this scrolling text.

By @Ann Bens

From the source of my post ...

"I tried to use auto speech to text ... but it's not quite the look that I need."

Regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines