• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I need help with placement for subtitles in video

New Here ,
Oct 22, 2021 Oct 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've upgraded my premiere pro to the latest version, and i now experience trouble with captions/subtitles.

As you can see in the picture, i can't move the placement/motion for captions (like in the early version i had) - since there is 'no clip selected'.

I want my captions a bit lower. so that they fit into the black bars in the bottom of my video.

I hope someone will be able to help me.

Kind regards.

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In your image, look to the EGP ... as that's where you control the placement of captions.

In the Align and Transform area, just to the right of the grid, are two user-settable numbers. The first is horizontal placement, the second is vertical. See if you can drop the vertical placement some.

There are limits on user choices due to attempting to keep us from putting them in 'illegal' locations for broadcast work it seems. So how much you can move them is not always as much as you want. There's a method for nesting captions that then allows you to move them a bit more. It's an imperfect workaround, but you can search this forum for it.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2021 Oct 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your answer. Unfortunately i've tried adjusting it so the 'Align and Transform' settings, but it can't get lower than where it's located in the picture i've attached. Hence the red bars under the caption, is showing the 'boundary'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The position for x and y is here :

1.jpg

-Office : Adobe || Home : Resolve-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your answer. Unfortunately i've tried adjusting the 'Align and Transform' settings, but it can't get lower than where it's located in the picture i've attached. Hence the red bars under the caption, is showing the 'boundary'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See "To adjust caption track position" here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/faq-workaround-nesting-to-apply-effect-contr...

The settings Neil and Eko point to will get you to about 10% above the bottom. The previous caption workflow only allowed 15%. But it will not allow you to adjust lower than that.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your answer. So like I've pointed out to the others here - I can't get the captions lower than what they already are (I've tried many things). I would like to try your 'method' but unfortunately, I'm not so experienced in this software, so I can't really understand much of the method (i.e. what to do etc). Is it possible you make me a step by step with screenshots or a short video? I would really apprieciate that. 

PS. Is there some way to get Adobe to fix this 'problem'?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The instructions in  that thread are pretty clear.

Dupe the sequence.

In the dupe, remove all but the captions.

Nest the sequence from either right-clicking/Nest or Sequence/Nest.

Now that set of sequences will appear in a bin.

Drag/drop onto the regular sequence.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines