• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I need PP ver. 13.1.5 back on my computer

New Here ,
Nov 13, 2021 Nov 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there anyone that can help me get PP 2019 ver. 13.1.5 back on my computer? I have been going around in circles with Adobe Support because that bit of software, critical to my professional life, was removed with the 2022 install. The thing is, as I'm sure many clients have discovered, Adobe set a rather nasty trap, prior to the release of the 2022 version, by changing the default in the updated Cloud App to automatically remove old versions of apps unless the client takes a deep, entirely-unintuitive, five-click dive down the preferences rabbit hole and turns that default off. This has to be done on and app-by-app basis. The only way to be informed about that rather astonishing and malicious change was to register and attend some online workshop/tutorial! ...which... well... who knew what they didn't know? I certainly didn't know what I didn't know. So, I think it is quite reasonable to say that this uninstall happened without my prior knowledge or consent. I have a bunch of ongoing projects that, as I'm sure is the case with many of you, got stalled and/or put on hold during the pandemic. These projects have a ton of titles, captions, subtitles and effects that inevitably just don't translate well into the new, yearly versions of PP. So I've kept everything in 2019 and need to continue to do so. It's either that or spend hundreds of hours redoing all of that. If I can't get 2019 ver 13.1.5 back on my computer I wonder if Adobe will be compensating me for my time? I've been here, in forums, before and could only find a way to get ver. 13.0, which is no help at all. But Adobe Support has suggeted I return, which would indicate that soemthing has changed.

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a setting in the CC app not to auto update.

auto update.png

If you manually update the program will ask if it needs to remove old versions or not.

Adobe only provides the last two version which as of now is 2021 and 2022

You can try this link but have no idea which build.

Adobe CC 2019 Direct Download Links | ProDesignTools

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ann... thanks for the reply. I know that I can turn off the autoupdate, what I didn't know, and there was no way to know, is that adobe changed the default to remove old versions in its last update of the cloud app. That was/is the killer and really, really unfortunate and, in my opinion, negligent. How was I supposed to know they changed that vital setting? How was I supposed to know that I had to sign up for an online workshop to find that out? This is just flat out unacceptable.

The link you sent gets me to 13.0... I've been there already... no good to me. So clearly nothing is new here in forums to help me resolve this problem. So I'm going to have to go deeper into the management spider web to get this done.

Thanks for responding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 14, 2021 Nov 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Auto update will remove all previous software.

With all due respect you dont need a workshop to go through the settings before firing up the software.

But most users just skip that.

Same goes for the preferences in Pr itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again Ann... maybe I'm not being clear. I agree one doesn't need a workshop to go through the settings. But you did need to attend the workshop to know that Adobe had changed the defaut in the cloud app to automatically remove older versions. Until this year the default was to leave older versions unless the user told the app to remove them. That was a huge, change that took effect just days before the 2022 update of pp. Of course, I had no idea about the workshop and, even if I did, how would I know that was the only way to discover that Adobe had set a trap to erase my 2019 (ver. 13.1.5) from my computer in a few days? Of course that was impossible to know. So, I'm waiting to hear from support, again, but in the meanwhile, I'd love it if someone here could help me restore 13.1.5 on my computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adove had changed the defaut in the cloud app to automatically remove older versions.

No it has not been changed. If its set to auto update all older versions will be removed.

If auto update is turned off, during manually installing the program will ask you if you want to remove the older versions or not and if you want to keep your preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2021 Nov 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes... it WAS changed. Adobe support finally provided me that information. I have the transcript from that chat when they fessed up. They were the one's who explained I would have known about the change had I signed up for and attended their online workshop about the new 2022 apps. The default was most definitely changed to automatically remove old versions unless the client dives deep into the preferences and turns that default off on an app by app basis. I never did a thing with the cloud app, ever, and successfully, automatically, installed 2020 and 2021 versions.. no removal of older versions with them... but with 2022,they all disappeared.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines