Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I need some VR180 Adobe Premiere Pro Canon PLUGIN advice

Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2022 Jan 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone.

I need some VR180 Adobe Premiere Pro advice (longtime FCPX user transitioned)
A quick explanation to my inquiry. I´m a filmmaker and for the past 15 years I´ve produced and directed everything from feature films, documentaries, music videos and Corporate stuff.
Recently I´ve taken the (financial) steps, to get into VR. Getting everything from the headset to the camera gear.
Most importantly I got the Canon R5 and the Canon VR Dual Fisheye lens and a new MacBook Pro Max.

I´ve been editing for years on Final Cut Pro but since Canon released a Plugin for Premiere Pro, I´ll gladly switch.
The thing is, I cant even (correctly) install the plugin from Canon, let alone edit my 8K footage properly. I need this plugin installed properly and a lot will be resolved along the way. But for now, its the EOS VR Plugin 1.0 for Adobe Premiere Pro, that I need to work. I cant even figure out how to install or enable the plugin.

This is properly a very noob dilemma I have, but does anyone experience or time to help me out?
Thank you!!!!

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Man, I'm having the exact same problem. 

Footage looks promising, but when I go to edit the footage, I can't get the plugin to show. 

I can see the .bundle file in the MediaCore folder, so I know the intaller is at least getting the EOSVRPlugin.bundle file to the right place. But for the life of me, I can't get the plugin to show in the effects panel, to get the footage to equirectangular for export. 

To make matters worse, the stand-alone EOS VR Utility app isn't working for me, either.

Any luck on your end? I just spent 2 hours and 45 minutes talking to canon and working with a tech rep and an engineer, still to no avail. They actually had the audacity at the end of it to ask me to go to Adobe for support instead... ugh.

I can see Hugh Hou (on youtube) is able to get the plugin in his effects panel. I've attached a screenshot of his video to prove it. Ugh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bud...

Thank you for your reply and thorough description, it does sound like my exact dilemma. We are in this together my friend! Yes, I've seen Hughs videos on YouTube and I've even been in touch with him, alas not of much help, since he just replied that it should be working(!) and it is not. 
I've been in contact with canon support here in Denmark, not much from them so far, but I'm still hoping they will get back to me soon. On Thursday I'm meeting with a tech savvy friend of mine to try and solve this in a room together. I will not give up. We should email but I'm not sure if posting my address here is appropriate. For now at least, it's good to know that we both are experiencing the same issues. Thank you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again Bud

Have you had any luck?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2022 Jul 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please follow up on this and let me know if there is an youTube clip shoing the settings etc. Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 21, 2022 Jul 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi M,

Sorry. What seems to be the trouble? I downloaded and installed the plug-in and test footage and got it working OK. Adding the Toggle VR Video Display button from the Button List set everything up automatically for me. Show us some screenshots, if you don't mind.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines