I recorded vertical footage with an aspect ratio of 9:16 and the proxy makes it squished - squeezed

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2022 Feb 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I am trying to use proxies in premiere and with horizontal footage it works percectly fine but with vertical footage whenever I use a proxy the footage becomes squished when i toggle on proxies. 

TOPICS
Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 11, 2022 Feb 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jonw33079168,

Sorry to hear about this. Let us know the frame size & the pixel aspect ratio of the media files you are working with & the Proxy preset that you have used.

Thanks,

Sumeet

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The proxy preset would need to be designed to work with that frame-size. It sounds like the one you're using doesn't, so you may need to create one for this purpose.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jon,

Sorry about that. If you like, you can cook up your own proxy presets for formats that are not currently available. Are you aware of how to do that? It's not commonly known how.

You do that in Media Encoder by creating a new Ingest Preset. For an Ingest Preset, you first need an Encoding Preset to create it.

Make a new Encoding Preset in the Preset Browser based on what you want for your proxy. Then create an Ingest Preset from the Encoding Preset you just made. Back in Premiere Pro, in the Create Proxies dialog box, you can browse to this new Ingest Preset, select it, and choose it, and you'll be set up for your proxy with its custom aspect ratio for this and all future projects.

Please return with any questions. I hope the info helps.

Thanks,
Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines