• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I've been having lots of issues with crashing and various other issues.

Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2020 Apr 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have purchased the Creative Cloud subscription in order to make my whole development seamless and easy to use. However I've been having constant problems, with it. I edit two videos a week normally, and it crashes at least once every 2 weeks. Currently I am having a problem where I finished editing the video and added in some music (that I have used previously perfectly fine, so it is definitely not corrupt or anything) and it crashed and now i reloaded and premiere pro just doesnt have some of the menus, and the tracker doesnt work. 

immacoder_0-1587311124319.png

I don't do any advanced things either. And my machine should definitely be powerful enough. 

immacoder_1-1587311207468.png

I have closed and reopened Premiere Pro, and even restarted my computer and nothing works. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , Apr 19, 2020 Apr 19, 2020

You probably need to do some maintenance. So ... start by closing Premiere, and going to the folders where your media cache/cache database files are located, and manually delete everything.

Then see if it works properly ... it ... might. If not, proceed to Trash Preferences noting it will dump your set preferences. You'll need to go through and reset them.

Then ... I would suggest:

• Create a new project file for any project you are working.
  • From the new project file, use Premiere's MediaBrow

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These a great resources. I have bookmarked them :). So currently I have a windows, but I've read that Premiere Pro doesn't work as well on MacOS as on Windows. Is there any truth to that? (Asking because I might be getting a mac)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You probably need to do some maintenance. So ... start by closing Premiere, and going to the folders where your media cache/cache database files are located, and manually delete everything.

Then see if it works properly ... it ... might. If not, proceed to Trash Preferences noting it will dump your set preferences. You'll need to go through and reset them.

Then ... I would suggest:

• Create a new project file for any project you are working.
  • From the new project file, use Premiere's MediaBrowser to navigate to the 'old' project file.
  • Right-click/Import the assets of the old project file.
  • Continue working by using the new project file.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ended up creating a new project files and it ended up working. Appreciate the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2022 Mar 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I use any standard premiere effects my footage goes black. It seems the premiere effects have a problem & it needs to be solved. I don't like paying for things that's not going to work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 11, 2022 Mar 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There are several threads here of late about black screen issues. So search through the forum for those, there might be help there. It's an odd thing that's hitting some small subset of users ... and if you're one of the affected, it's nearly a knockout punch.

And yea, I've been one of the lucky few with an odd unexpected behavior before myself. Ain't no fun ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines