• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I want ti drag edit all tracks of a single clip automatically to my timeline

Contributor ,
Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see a ton of comments on how to resolve the issue of drag edits of single clip when all tracks are not clicked on. Is there a way to have the default always to all tracks, like it is one you drag multiple clips at the same time into a timeline? Or a keyboard shortcut or a way to turn on all tracks on multiple sequences from the bin?

I need to drag a single clip into hundreds of sequences and it would be soooooo great if I didn't need to activate a track in every single sequence before I drag edit my clip.

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jun 17, 2022 Jun 17, 2022

Try going to the Keyboard shortcuts dialogue and search for "toggle all". You'll see options to 'Toggle All Source Video' and also to 'Toggle All Video Targets'. Use or change the shortcuts as you wish.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor , Jun 27, 2022 Jun 27, 2022

Seems like the latest update (22.5.0) changed this. You can now drag a clip directly from a bin onto any track in the timeline no matter if the track is active or not. Yea!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 17, 2022 Jun 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try going to the Keyboard shortcuts dialogue and search for "toggle all". You'll see options to 'Toggle All Source Video' and also to 'Toggle All Video Targets'. Use or change the shortcuts as you wish.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, this works. It would be great if this could be done also with a modifier key, if anyone is listening...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hold shift and click one of the track selectors to do the same thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The goal here is to not have to do that. Right now I have to 1) open the sequence 2) click me clip I want to drag into the sequence to activate the source track icons in the timeline 3) then mouse over to the timeline and shift and click one of the track selectors 4) now mouse back over to my bin, click, and drag the source clip into the timeline. If there was a keystroke modifier I could simply open sequence and drag the clip saving time and postponing the onset carpal tunnel syndrome ðŸ™‚ 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, the best thing would be for the behavior to be the same as when you drag multiple clips into the timeline. If you do that it defaults to a1/v1 but allows you to direct the clip to different tracks if you wish. For what I was trying to t it was actually easier and faster to select an extra clip drag both and then delete the extra one... which is silly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried the Automate to Sequence option at the bottom of the project panel? You don't have to load the clip into the source monitor to use this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working with an existing sequence, in fact, I'm working with over 300 sequences in this project. I need to drag a single new clip into every sequence and I need to be able to hit my target tracks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Automate to sequence can edit into existing sequences. Open the sequence, park your playhead where you want the clip and hit the button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's still more steps then just dragging into place. That's what I want to avoid. Annoying that it works if you have multiple clips but not if you grab just one. Oh well 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 27, 2022 Jun 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Seems like the latest update (22.5.0) changed this. You can now drag a clip directly from a bin onto any track in the timeline no matter if the track is active or not. Yea!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines