• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I want to start warp stabilizer in the middle of a clip

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Basically I want the shaky footage to start off shaky and only stabilize after a couple of seconds. As if the shakyness suddenly stopped. The problem with this is that right now you see a clear cut when the clip jumps from being shaky to stabilized. This is because the last frame of the shaky part has a different position than the first frame of the stabilized part.

If I could figure out how to get the exact image position of the first frame of the stabilized clip my problem would be solved.

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm afraid there's so super great option to do that, Theo. The usual thing most people do is apply WS to the entire clip. Here's what others found: https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/can-i-apply-the-warp-stabilizer-to-just-a-se... Hope it's a bit helpful.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like Kevin Says.

You could try other things, like a fast dissolve, cut to b-roll, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Scale and position the non WS clip to match the WS clip.

Use a cross dissolve to get a perfect match, delete afterward

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...and keyframe the size and position, so it gradually matches the stabilized clip.

The Warp Stabilization in the Effects Control Panel will tell you the percentage that the clip was increased.

If you temporarily place the clips on different video tracks and overlap them, and decrease the opacity of the clip on the top track, it is easier to line them up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 04, 2022 Nov 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Decreasing opacity is the same as using a cross dissolve.

done this quite a few times.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 04, 2022 Nov 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I missed that you were only using the cross dissolve temporarily.

That's a simpler solution than using two tracks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since you like the shaky part too, perhaps some glitch type transition might work well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines