• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I work a lot with GIF, but when i want to extend a GIF i have to always copy and paste it. Fix?

Participant ,
Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As title say, is tedius to always copy and paste videos and expecally gif to loop them.

In Vegas there was this cool solution that when you keep dragging a video to the end of the clip it will automatically create a copy besidethat and loop it back from the start. It was such a time saver in certain situation. When i have to import a gif and loop it inside a premiere pro the only solution that i found is that you have copy and paste it like 50 times if i want it for a longer duration, then nest it if i want to increase speed of the clip and so on.

Pretty tedius labor when you can have better solutions for that.

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 05, 2022 Nov 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I want to copy/paste to make the image longer I dont need to do that 50 times.

I copy 1 and paste

Copy 2 and paste

Copy 4 and paste etc

After 6 times I got about 64 copies.........

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 14, 2022 Dec 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ann thank you.

Yeah sure, but is still annoying in my opinion to not be able to loop them, it breaks the flow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can set the preview to a loop, but

I think Ps is a better tool for making gifs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The problem is i'm a youtuber that has to upload every single day and record edit, make thumbnails. One man army. I have optimized premiere to do tasks that he can't do natively thanks to plugins and scripts. I value time a lot. The fact that i have to change software to loop a gif that i have downloaded is already more time consuming than copy and paste it. Is a matter of flow. Even open after effects it still break my flow, that's why i i invested 1000$ in the boris continuum suite so i have almost every effect that i need inside premiere. So in my opinion since more and more pro people are youtubers and such (i'm paying for the full adobe suite) the workflow should be as fast as possibile, i have so many ideas for that... i use premiere daily since 9 years and i see a lot of room for improvement in many repetitive tasks to make it funnier to use. Yeah Gif is just a small thing of many little others. But the flow is really important. Time is money and mental health (in my case). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines