• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

If I read the entire user guide on adobe.com, will I know ALL the ins and outs of the premiere pro?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The reason why I ask this peculiar question is because I am an amateur and I wish to soak up every detail and possible thing I can do in this program so I dont ask myself in the future, "why didnt I know this when I could of used feature this in my past video before posting it? For instance, the tutorial videos up on adobe dont talk about legacy titles and blending video and audio to sound more smooth when transitoning from one clip to another. So I wish to learn every small detail to take full advantage for editing. A freelance editor named jack cole posted a 4 and a half hour long video master class on his adobe skills on YouTube which was pretty comprehensive,but I wish to fill in the cracks of knowledge he may not of known about or didnt focus on or could of been more specific on. 

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , Formats , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The entire user manual they have is useful but nowhere near definitive. This is a complex and complicated application, with at least five ways to do about everything you can do in it. The user manual for Resolve is over 2,000 pages, and is a great example of a "complete" manual but even that doesn't cover absolutely everything that might possibly be done in Resolve ... though it's close.

The user manual for PrPro is not nearly as extensive.

The best advice I can give is to go to some of the subscription sites like LinkedInLearning, and get a couple months subscription. Get the 'upper' one so you can download media and project files and work along with the instructor. Do several of the series there on PrPro, and you will in a couple months get a TON farther along than from going through YouTube.

Which is incredibly hit (sometimes) and MISS (a lot).

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand this. Think of my question more like this. I am painting a picture and the colors I can use and mix are all the different tools I can use in premiere pro. But If I am unaware of a tool, such as legacy titles, then I am missing possible colors to mix and use on my palet. 

Its not so much what is possble in premiere since the possibilitie are endless wth imagination and time, its knowing all the tools you have access to in the first place to make a better master piece or make it more efficently.  Like hell, I just learned what " toggle sync lock' was today. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brice,

The user guide is good for discovering details about the tools. However, the user guide sometimes does not go much into detail as to when you'd use them and for which processes. Furthermore, there are situations where not only standalone tools are used for a given task, it is that a combination of tools, effects, or techniques can extend or enhance these processes, as well.

Connecting all these details is best served with a linear or modular course that you can find on LinkedIn Learning, as ACP, Neil suggests. Have the user guide standing by to verify details while going through courseware is very helpful.

If your goal is to be a true Premiere Pro expert, you actually do end up reading the manual and other supplementary documentation from other experts, like Jarle's "Cool Stuff in Premiere Pro."

Regards,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's exactly the reason I always suggest some of the subscription tutorial services. The LinkedInLearning ones will be 1 to 3 hours of tutorial time broken up into segments from 3 to 10 minutes, organized and outlined. They include the project files and media so you can do exactly what the 'teacher' is doing.

And in going through several approaching different parts of PrPro, you learn a TON of those things that otherwise ... you'll only stumble upon much later.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's actually why I recommend the LinkedInLearning or other subscription learning process. You get the full instructions on doing anything. Far more consistent than going through a series of YouTube vids from who knows who.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 03, 2021 Sep 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will I know ALL the ins and outs of the premiere pro?

Short answer: no

Its like buying a lawnmower.

The manual tell you how to set the mowing height

but it does not tell you when to mow the lawn

To fill in the cracks takes time, a lot of experience and creativity.

On a side note, there are numerous bad tutorials posted on Youtube.

Linkedin is one of the ways to go.

https://www.linkedin.com/learning/me?trk=nav_neptune_learning

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would say it's more like buying a very complex massive piece of farm equipment. That has tools to do a few hundred things. And can be connected with other tools to do a thousand more.

How to do all the things it can do? Oh criminy, that takes a while. And just doing it. Over & over.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Setup a new project for fun and explore the GUI on your own. The more you use it the more you will learn. That being said I don't think anyone knows everything about Premiere Pro, FCXP, Resolve etc. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines