• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Im new to Premier and it's very slow..

New Here ,
Oct 24, 2021 Oct 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been editing in final cut with my macbook for some time now and i wanted to make the change to PC to step up my editing. Due to that i needed to change to Premier. I bought myself a little too expensive computer and two good sized monitors too never run in too any lag or problems when im editing. Such things make me lose interest. 

Too my suprise the timeline is always laging. If i throw on any slightly demanding effects, transition or adjustment layer the timeline starts skipping frames. Big time. So if you wanna twitch the efftect or change it you need to re-render the clip if you don't want eperience lag. This was not at problem on my macbook 2015, in final cut. I've tried to fix it by re-installing, adding another SSD, moving around cache, boosting GPU... Nothing seems to work. I benchmarked my computer and the scoring was good. So you expect it to work flawlessly, but it does not. 

My setup:

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/47323035

Any ideas?

Thank you.

TOPICS
Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 24, 2021 Oct 24, 2021

Sounds like you are hitting the limits of NVDEC (the hardware decoder in discrete Nvidia GPUs), or at least Adobe's native support of the NVDEC hardware decoder. You see, while Adobe has gotten relatively good at its implementation of Intel QuickSync hardware decoding (which it has been implementing for years, since at least 2015), NVDEC has only been added to Adobe's hardware decoding support last year.

Unfortunately, no AMD CPU-based system, nor any system that requires a discrete GPU to run a

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A video for display..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like you are hitting the limits of NVDEC (the hardware decoder in discrete Nvidia GPUs), or at least Adobe's native support of the NVDEC hardware decoder. You see, while Adobe has gotten relatively good at its implementation of Intel QuickSync hardware decoding (which it has been implementing for years, since at least 2015), NVDEC has only been added to Adobe's hardware decoding support last year.

Unfortunately, no AMD CPU-based system, nor any system that requires a discrete GPU to run at all or has its integrated on-CPU graphics disabled, supports QuickSync at all. QuickSync is restricted to Intel mainstream-platform CPUs with their integrated graphics (i.e. Intel UHD Graphics) both present and enabled. And most Intel systems with an iGPU present automatically disable the iGPU by default whenever a discrete GPU is installed. So, in order to have QuickSync on an Intel CPU-powered PC, one must force-enable the iGPU (in the BIOS setup) if your primary output monitor is connected to the discrete GPU's output.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wow.

I don't think i understood a single word there. I'm also new to PC. But Google is your friend. And now i changed the integrated graphics tab from disable to force.  And it seems to be working! I do hope it will be enough to tackle the heavy projects i have planned in the future.

Can one be sure this won't damage the CPU or GPU?  Do i need to turn in on and off or should i keep it on force? 

Can't thank you enough man. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines