Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

iMac not recognising premiere pro project files

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2022 Mar 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope this makes sense...

I just installed Premiere Pro 22, and AME 22.

The icons from my project files from previous projects created in PP20 turned to a blank page icon. Clicking on it and it just says "This application Adobe Premiere Pro Cc 2018 can't be opened" even though the project was created on 20. 
I tried the work around of opening pro22, then opening the file. Said the usual, this was created in an older version etc etc" so I save as. However the file that this creates when you click on it just repeats the "Cannot open Premiere Pro". 

I tried uninstalling PP22 and reinstalling, but the same thing happens.

I'm running MacOS Catalina 10.15.5.

Before I downloaded the update, all files were readable and opened. 

any ideas, it's driving me a bit crazy. 

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check that Pr 2022 is set as the default application to open Pr project files.

Also, try creating a new 22 project and then importing (File>Import) one of the 20 projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply.

Still does the same. 

As a test I even tried starting a new project in 22, but when you click on the project file to open it, it just says:

"The application "Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2018" cant be opened.

I'm going to try the Creative Cloud clean app.

I have a feeling the updated media encoder is the problem. My laptop which I purposefully havent updated the ios or Premiere on is still working on the 2021 version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

thanks for the reply.

I did the Creative Cloud Clean Up, uninstalled and reinstalled. It's still not reading the projects, I again tried doing a new project in PP22, and same pop up appeared. 
see pic, you can see how the project files are white, similar to if you are sent a word doc without word on your system, 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorted. Went on the adobe chat, which was very good.

Right click on project showed that it was trying to open on APP18, changed all to PP22 and all sorted now. 

Phew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2023 Apr 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there - I just upgraded my operating system and my imac and am having the same issue. When you say right clip on project what do you mean? I'm not sure where to change it all to PP22 ... could you give me more details?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2023 Apr 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

ctrl or apple key then click on the project. I can't remember which one, but what I had to do was make sure that whenever I opened a premiere project that the latest version was the default program to use. Hope that makes sense. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines