• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

iMac running slow

New Here ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Folks, I am running Mojave on a late 2012 iMac, 32GB RAM, 34GHz Intel core i7 prcessor, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX (2GB) graphics card, 800GB headroom on the HDD--an old but relatively competent computer. But, its been running slow for a few months now and I can't figure out why. I work daily in Premiere, Photoshop and LightRoom--all software is updated but I am concerned that software updates may be taxing this older model. Although I may run all three programs at th same time--It doesn't seem to make any difference if Premiere is running on its own. I have been working with 20 sequences open in the timeline--but I assume that given the nature of digital this is not using scads of RAM. Any thoughts?

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 26, 2021 Jun 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi George,

We appreciate you writing in. The system's performance may get affected because of the computer's specifications and the complexity attached with the applications' usage.

Have you considered updating the macOS?

Let us know. We're here to help 

Regards,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines