Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image blown out on timeline but fine in source

Participant ,
Mar 17, 2022 Mar 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there,

I have a video thats completely overblown whenever I drop it on the timeline but when I view it on the source monitor its completely fine, see screenshots. Its an.MOV file, i dont know where I'm going wrong, does anybody have an idea of what is going on here?

Thanks
David

Screen Shot 2022-03-17 at 2.34.43 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-03-17 at 2.34.53 PM.png

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 17, 2022 Mar 17, 2022

Yup ... as in a billion threads here ... they completely changed the underlying color system in Pr2022, it used to be Rec.709 based, it's not anymore.

And that is probably media that is either say phone media shot with an HLG color space tag or log-encoded media that Premiere is assuming 'wants' to be HLG.

Go to the clip in the bin, right-click (and you can select a group to do this to at once) ... and select Modify/Interpret Footage, and use the Override option set to Rec.709.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup ... as in a billion threads here ... they completely changed the underlying color system in Pr2022, it used to be Rec.709 based, it's not anymore.

And that is probably media that is either say phone media shot with an HLG color space tag or log-encoded media that Premiere is assuming 'wants' to be HLG.

Go to the clip in the bin, right-click (and you can select a group to do this to at once) ... and select Modify/Interpret Footage, and use the Override option set to Rec.709.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Neil!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines