Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Image distortion of .MTS files?

New Here ,
Mar 24, 2017 Mar 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've imported some .MTS files (shot on a Canon C300) using the media browser in Premiere Pro CC- and when I play the clips in Premiere, the image is distorted- it looks kind of wavy and flickery. However, when I open the same files in QT on the Desktop and play them, they look just fine. So obviously nothing is wrong with the files themselves, but something is happening to them when I bring the into Premiere. This is super weird because I've imported AVCHD footage from a Canon C300 many times and never had this happen before. Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 24, 2017 Mar 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Delete, clean out media cache and try again.

FAQ: How to clean media cache files |Adobe Community

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 11, 2017 Apr 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi eyb1717,

Which version of Premiere Pro CC exactly? FAQ: How to find the exact version of Premiere Pro you're using?

Which OS are you on?

Are you playing the clips in the Source Monitor? What's the resolution you're playing at?

Thanks,

Rameez

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is exactly the same problem that I am trying to solve 4 years later. I can't believe that 1) Adobe has not addressed this, and 2) that there is no suitable answer here!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WMT2. What's going on? You have tried importing AVCHD footage and what happens? Which OS and version of Premiere Pro are you on?

AVCHD footage is becoming obsolete. It has certain components that are only supported on current versions of Premiere Pro and updated OS versions. 

Thanks,
Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2021 Jun 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, Kevin. 

Thank you for your reply. I'm using a Surface Pro V, Windows 10 20H2 19042.1052; Adobe Premiere Pro V14.0

Videos from AVCHD brought into Premiere Pro will Watutsi on the screen during preview (even with the following work around). And will continue to Watutsi in the final output, unless this fix is applied The work around is to go to Project Settings > General > Renderer > Mercury Playback Engine software only. This problem has existed for a long time and has yet to be addressed in an update.

This is similar to the problem of reducing videos or pictures to 50% or less. They distort. There are two work arounds: 1) change the size using different proportions for height and width, or 2) Use square pixels. The latter usually causes other problems, so the first is the go-to. But this is a problem when using a manual zoom in the edit window.

These two problems have been on the forum for years, but have never been fixed properly.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines