image drift with keyframes

Enthusiast ,
Feb 26, 2022 Feb 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have defined keyframes first zooming in on an image (screenshot 1); then zooming out to reveal the upper half of the full image (screenshot 2); the next keyframe I created was for a vertical downward pan; I want the scale and horizontal positioning to hold constant.  So the only keyframe I added was one for the vertical positioning.  But as shown in screenshot 3, the image is drfting to the left as it pans down.  Why is this happening?  Thanks!

bartonlew_2-1645920539311.png

bartonlew_3-1645920564805.pngbartonlew_4-1645920586204.png

TOPICS
Effects and Titles , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 27, 2022 Feb 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi bartonlew,

The third screenshot shows a change in the horizontal position (from 500 to 428.3). Have you tried setting the horizontal position to 500 for the starting & ending keyframes of that section & checked if it's stopping the horizontal drift?

Thanks,

Sumeet

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  Actually, the 3rd screenshot shows 428.3 at a point before the third keyframe.  When you get to the third keyframe, it's at 500.  See screenshot below.  That's why I don't understand the drift - because that third keyframe has not changed its horizontal position from the second one.  

bartonlew_0-1645973764733.png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keyframe the anchor point instead of position or use the Transform effect.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  I am not familiar with these features so am trying to find videos on youtube that explain how to use them to achieve my objective, but not having much luck.  If it's a simple fix and you can provide the steps, I'd be grateful.  

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does not matter if is scale or anchor point; its all the same.

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/adding-navigating-setting-keyframes.html

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  The link you provided explains how to add, move, copy, delete, view keyframes etc.  It's not apparent to me that my issue is a result of failing to do any of those things.  In the screenshots below, the 2nd keyframe shows the same values as the 3rd, except that the 3rd shows a different vertical position value.  The issue I am having is that the transition involves a drift of the image towards the left of the screen, before arriving at the 3rd keyframe at the correct position.  Since the horizontal positioning has not changed (it's 500 for both), I don't know why the drift is occuring.

Perhaps this is all too complex without taking some kind of course.  I can't seem to find a straightforward, if in depth discussion of how to use keyframes for my purpose on youtube.  Oh well.

bartonlew_0-1645980239415.pngbartonlew_1-1645980251937.png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The problem with Youtube is there  good tutorials but there are also bad ones around.

As a beginner, you have no idea. Bear in mind, Premiere has a steep learning curve.

Hit the LEARN tab when opening Premiere or take a subscription out at LinkedIn.: Premiere Pro cource.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines