• English
      • Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Import failure - should the import location make a difference?

Explorer ,
Oct 05, 2022 Oct 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a client that I work with regularly who puts files (PNG, JPG and occasional mp4) in a shared Dropbox folder for me to download.
The workflow has been in place for almost 2 years with no issues:  I open Premiere, go to Import, navigate to the correct folder and select the items, and everything shows up just fine in my bin.

But in recent weeks when I've attempted to import the files, I've gotten the "Import failed -file format not supported or damaged" message and they don't come in.  However, if I download the same exact files and save them on my own external media drive, and then import them, everything works great.

Why would the location of the files make a difference in whether I can import them or not?

I've checked with the client who confirms that their process of creating, saving and uploading the files has not changed. And if you're wondering why I don't just save them locally all the time, two reasons:
1.  The scope of this ongoing project is very large and over time the PNGs take up a lot of my drive space.
2.  Per the terms of my contract, the imagery belongs to the client and I'm not permitted to keep local copies of their files.

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?