• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import of XML file into Premiere not working any more

Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2024 Jul 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am I silly? Day by day I create XML-files from my Tentacle Sync App, import them in my Premiere project, klick on it: Boom! A beautiful timline. But today Premiere does not see the XML file at all. What has changed? What am I missing?

Thanks in advance for a hint!

JAN

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 19, 2024 Jul 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the future, to find the best place to post your message, use the list here, https://community.adobe.com/

p.s. i don't think the adobe website, and forums in particular, are easy to navigate, so don't spend a lot of time searching that forum list. do your best and we'll move the post (like this one has already been moved) if it helps you get responses.

<"moved from cc desktop">

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2024 Jul 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot!

On the fist view it appeared to be  the only way to ask questions.-(

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share the XML file for us to test?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Voilà!

> see attachment!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Drags into project. As expected, does not find media. But the sequence opens.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aaaaahhh....weird:-(

I have attached new files. All created the same way. All dragged into the same Project. One works. The other does´nt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope.xml drags in ok. The one sequence not in a folder opens okay.

Does it not drag in?

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try dragging each XML into a separate project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2024 Jul 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what happens with a new project > see attached Quicktime. I am missing something essential.... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the screen recording, the first one worked correctly? Then you deleted it and tried others?

What happens if you create a new project before trying a second file?

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly! I just tried the process with my laptop. Same Tentacle, same Premeiere, same Result. The Tentacle-Support could open my Files too. That leads me to think that there must be an issue with the place where my files are stored (G-Raid Shuttle connected via TB3). I am copying the files to another place and will try again. It´ll take a while... I´ll give a shout then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2024 Jul 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today my Laptop-Premiere understood the XML-files. I sent the resulting Project to my workstation and so I was at least able to carry on with my project. 

Let´s see what happens in the future.

Thanks for the Support!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2024 Jul 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have come to the conclusion the the trouble is caused by how my medias are stored and/or how they are named. 

They are on two daisy-chained Raids. Some have identical nemed safetycopies. So it´s propably not Premiere itself but my setup. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you importing it?

If you are importing from Media Browser and have something in the search box, it may not "see" other items.

Long shot, but see this odd problem where any .dng file in the folder prevents seeing other other file types:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-bugs/video-files-not-read-if-there-is-a-dng-file-in-the-...

And also unlikely, but there's always the possibility the file ending got renamed....

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks or the answer!

I imported it as by usual routin - drag and drop, or  Command-i - just like before. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It might ba a local problem. But Premiere and Tentacle sync are both fresh installed and the

problem stays. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines