• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import offline file / setting imported clip as offline

Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2019 Feb 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I've got two questions, where you guys could help me with.

1. Following use case I need to implement: importing of a file, which probably does not exist yet. Could you suggest any proper solution for it?

What I've tried to use is: app.project.importFiles([audioFilePath], 1, app.project.getInsertionBin(), 0);

In case if audioFilePath is pointing to a not existing file, I receive an error "Unsupported format or damaged file". Another idea was just to create an offline file (similar to "new item..." -> "offline file...", but I couldn't find any function to do that. The last thing I've tried is to create a dummy file, import it and then change the path    item.changeMediaPath(newAudioPath, true); However I get "The importer reported a generic error" message. Any suggestion is welcome. Thanks in advance!

2. While trying to play with online/offline files I faced another bug (?). In the PProPanel if I click "Online all offline" or "Make selected items offline" I get error "Function currentChild.isOffline is undefined". My selected item is an existing mp3 file imported from FS.

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 05, 2019 Feb 05, 2019

The offline-handling API was new in 13.0.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Following use case I need to implement: importing of a file, which probably does not exist yet. Could you suggest any proper solution for it?

The current APIs only support importing actual, existent files.

In the PProPanel if I click "Online all offline" or "Make selected items offline" I get error "Function currentChild.isOffline is undefined".

What version of PPro are you running?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of PPro are you running?

PPro 12.1.2x69

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 05, 2019 Feb 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The offline-handling API was new in 13.0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 08, 2023 Mar 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If a projectItem has a hires and a proxy, it will return false for isOffline(), if the hires is offline and the proxy is online.

I have to detatch the proxy, check isOffline(), and re-attach the proxy.

Is this a bug or a feature (feels a little strange)? 🙂

Cheers,

Guntram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines