• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Imported DVD VOB has no sound?

Explorer ,
Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a DVD that I created in 2009. It does not have copy protection. It plays perfectly fine.

I tried to copy the VOB file to my HD and import to Premiere Pro CC to snag a segment of the video and export as a shorter clip. When I put the VOB in a timeline, it has no audio. I took a peek in the Audio_TS folder and it's empty... so I'm not quite sure where the audio truly is.

update: I did just notice I have an error icon "the audio in this file requires the Dolby audio decoder, which is not available on your operating system. Try updating to win 8.1 and installing the Microsoft media feature pack and then reimport the file.

Why do I need a new OS to work with a file that was made in a much old OS? That seems like total BS to me.  😕  

Is there a way around this? I'm in a corporate setting and locked to Win 7 at the moment.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The audio is in the VOB (mpeg2) file. I've never seen anything in the Audio_TS and pretty sure it's just legacy.

Maybe try using tsMuxer or Handbrake to rip the VOB?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The VOB is probably fine, but used a3c dolby.

See this:

Adobe Creative Cloud apps use native OS support for Dolby

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I solved this problem by using Wondershare to convert the VOB file to an MP4, and from there I did what I needed in Premiere Pro. Wondershare put up a message about repairing the file at the beginning of the conversion, so I can only guess this is the part that causes the hard failure in Premiere Pro.  Like the original poster, I got an error icon, but it specified some sort of ambiguous error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines