• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

imported images appearing distorted/pixilated

Advisor ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if it's evident in the screen shots below, but I am having issues with images I am exporting from Photoshop as jpgs and importing into Premiere.  The 1st screenshot shows the image in the exported video and the 2nd is a screenshot of the image as a standalone jpg file.  The images appear fine in the timeline/program monitor, but when the video is exported, the pixels are distorted, jumping around and in general look terrible, mainly in the perimeter of the image.  I am using an export preset for Instagram stories provided by WhoIsMatt (Matt Johnson) from youtube.  I am exporting psd files to jpgs that are around 5 MB and 10000 px on the long side.  I realize this is kind of large but the images have lots of detail and I assume Premiere modifies the size anyway.  If anyone has a clue as to what's happening, I'd appreciate hearing.  Thanks.  

bartonlew_0-1629770044476.pngbartonlew_1-1629770066118.png

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Hi bartonlew!

Sorry to see that. Which OS do you have? What happens if you export without Instgram stories preset? Does that help?

Let us know. 

Thanks,

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would suggest exporting again by changing the Encoding settings > performance > "Software Encoding" instead of the Hardware Encoding. 

Vishu Aggarwal
Adobe Certified Instructor, Professional and Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi bartonlew!

Sorry to see that. Which OS do you have? What happens if you export without Instgram stories preset? Does that help?

Let us know. 

Thanks,

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Karitka, that was a good suggestion.  I used the preset Match Source - High bitrate and the images look fine.  There is a little bit of jumpiness in the keyframe zooms I created for some of the images, which look smooth inside Premiere, so I'm not sure why that is happening.  But there is no more pixilation or distortion.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And my OS is Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines