Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Imported LOG footage automatically has a color change in Premiere

Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been importing footage from a Sony A6300 that was filmed with a Cine2 picture profile.

When importing it into Premiere I noticed that the footage has been given high contrast and color.

I do not see any way to turn off this setting with imported clips in Premiere 15.

When exported the clips go back to looking flat. Does anyone have a way to get the imported clip to show up thew same way it looks when I pull it from the camera?

I have attached screenshots below. 

Before import.

Screen Shot 2021-04-23 at 2.48.18 PM.png

After import.

Screen Shot 2021-04-23 at 2.49.15 PM.png

TOPICS
Editing, Export, Formats, Import, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Community Professional , Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021
I was expecting this. Color management is a morass, and not so easy to do between the Apple ColorSync app that often displays Rec.709 media with a 1.96 gamma. PrPro assumes all Rec.709 is to be displayed on a system with "normal" broadcast-standard Rec.709 which assumes 2.4 gamma. Within PrPro on a Mac, you do need to have the Preferences option 'display color managment' selected so that PrPro will attempt to present a correct Rec.709 view on the monitor. It won't 'fix' things outside PrPro, b...

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From looking at the Sony manual for this, the Cine2 profile is not actually a log encoding, which is a very different thing. The first image in your example is clearly not a log image ... just has a slightly lifted gamma from that in the second image.

So what you're viewing these on outside PrPro matters, as well as your settings in PrPro and your OS/monitor for color management.

What is your OS? Have you done any calibration of the monitor with a puck/software combination? What are you viewing the image on outside of PrPro?

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry LOG was the wrong word to use.

I am viewing the footage in quicktime on OS 10.15.7.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was expecting this. Color management is a morass, and not so easy to do between the Apple ColorSync app that often displays Rec.709 media with a 1.96 gamma. PrPro assumes all Rec.709 is to be displayed on a system with "normal" broadcast-standard Rec.709 which assumes 2.4 gamma.

Within PrPro on a Mac, you do need to have the Preferences option 'display color managment' selected so that PrPro will attempt to present a correct Rec.709 view on the monitor. It won't 'fix' things outside PrPro, but ... there's no real way around this anyone has found. The Mac OS system is ... unique.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

That helped a lot with making it look remotely simliar to the original footage 🙌

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I´m having the same problem with a sony a7iii using a pc (windows) and a SLOG3 profile, im not an expert, what should i do? attached you can see how i see it from the timeline and how exports it

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my tablet they don't seem that dissimilar. I'll look at them at the shop a bit later today.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh thanks ! I see it awful from my pc, much more white and saturated... 

😞

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you're getting a difference within Premiere Pro between the timeline view in the Program Monitor and the Export dialog box?

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry for the delay, i had terrible working days!

I have a difference - notorius differece, more bright and turned in to magenta between the timeline - and not just the dialog export box, the final result its magenta and much much brighter.... 😞

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the last days since i had work to deliver i had to create an adjust layer "guessing" without seing underexposuring and turned into green for getting close to the original....I know its crazy and im soing something wrong for sure but all this start happening with this new version

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What are the color management settings for the clip and for the sequence?

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines