• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Imported MOV clip changes from 29.97 fps in PP2021 to 52.17 fps in PP2022

New Here ,
Mar 08, 2022 Mar 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why does the same imported MOV clip change from 29.97 fps in PP2021 (and all previous versions) to 52.17 fps in PP2022? It's driving me (and my students) crazy. Is it reinterpolating somehow? Is there someway I can correct this? I've used the same exact clip in demos for nearly 10 years now, and suddenly the imported clip displays 52.17 fps in the project window. Help me Obi Wan Adobe, you're my only hope.

TOPICS
Editing , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post screenshot of clip in MediaInfo in treeview.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the screenshot, Ann. Any advice is gratefully welcome. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's treeview.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe?

Try resetting the preferences:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-reset-trash-preferences-in-premiere-pro/td-p/...

If that doesn't work, try resetting the Workspaces:
Reset a workspace
Reset the current workspace to return to its original, saved layout of panels.
1. Do one of the following:
• Click the Workspace menu icon and select Reset to Saved Layout.
• Choose Window > Workspace > Reset to Saved Layout.
from here:
https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/workspaces.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply, Bob.

See the thing is, it only started happening with PP v22.2.0. I have older versions (15.4.2, for example) currently running on other machines that use these same preferences (I'm picky about my workspace) and those versions display the file in question as 29.97 fps. But v22.2.0 shows that file as 52.17 fps on any computer that it's running on (a classroom of my students, for example). So I'm not sure if the new version is interpolating the rate differently, or what, and I'd really like a solution on what I can do about "forcing" the new version of PP to display as the 29.97 fps clip is has always been (for the past 7 years I've been doing this exercise).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is it all video codecs or just certain ones? do they appear as wrong fps in interpret footage?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's just that one file. The other 14 in the project still display their various, correct fps  in the project window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if its just one file, it might be a one off, and you can transcode with media encoder or free shutter encoder to burn in new fps metadata to prores. there's other utilities that can do the same, but they are harder to use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And yes, in "Modify > Interpret Footage" the file shows 52.17 fps. It can be changed there, of course, but I need it to display as it's original 29.97. The exercise has a dozen files with various standard fps, and the point is to show students how they can all work well together. This is just a frustrating bit of disruption from the latest PP update, and I was hoping there was a cure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hmm, maybe change the extension from .mov to .avi or. mpg or something (make a backup just in case)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's my problem in one graphic. On the left, last year's PP. On the right, this year's PP. Above them both, the same file, represented in 2 different fps rates. File works fine on both versions. Can anyone tell me what's going on? I so confused.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You may want to post your issue here where the Adobe engineers read all threads:
https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines