• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Imported Photoshop image in Premiere Pro looks terrible

Community Beginner ,
Oct 14, 2022 Oct 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to import a title page that I created in Photoshop 23.5.1 into a timeline that I developing in Premiere Pro 22.6.2, and the image looks like it was overlaid with mud.  I am fairly sure that this is a colr space issue, but I am such a novice that I don't know how to correct this.  The image in Photoshop (see below) is a .jpg file with an RGB color space and an sRGB color profile. Using iMac Pro running OSX 12.6.

Please help me fix this problem!

TOPICS
Formats , How to , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try saving as a psd and see if it is OK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saved a collapsed title page as a psd file and had the same blah result on import. See attached.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2022 Oct 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I posted this question on 14 October and received one response from Peru Bob, but unfortunately his suggestion (import it as a PSD and not a JPG) didn't solve the problem.

I am trying to import a title page that I created in Photoshop 23.5.1 into a timeline that I developing in Premiere Pro 22.6.2, and the image looks like it was overlaid with mud. I am fairly sure that this is a color space issue, but I am such a novice that I don't know how to correct this. The image in Photoshop (see below) is a .jpg file with an RGB color space and an sRGB color profile. Using iMac Pro running OSX 12.6.

Below is a copy of the original image from Photoshop. Next is a screen grab of a JPG imported into Premiere Pro, and then a screen grab of a PSD imported into Premiere Pro.  I have done this many times with previous videos, and I have no idea what the problem is now.  This is a flattened image.

Photoshop Image.jpg

Premiere Image.jpg

Saved as PSD.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 17, 2022 Oct 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response, but in checking out Haugen's many posts, I can't seem to find one about inporting Photoshop files and having this color shift.  I admit I didn't look through all 700+ entries.  Maybe someone could give me some specific advice here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what your issue is, but a quick fix could be to drop a gamma correction effect on there. Should brighten it right up

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

but in checking out Haugen's many posts

By @drferry

My intention was to have Neil look here, not that you should check Neil's replies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can share the Ps file privately, I will have a look and I'll try to fix it for you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines