Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Imported Sequence - Audio files mismatched - Proxies won't connect

New Here ,
Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I'm importing a project of merged audio scenes from another editor. We have the same RED footage, same file structure, same audio files and both made our own proxies using the same encode setting. When I import their sequence into my project (or just open their project) I get an audio error for mismatched audio channels. Which means something went wrong with the encoding.

I tried taking the media offline and relinking it to my files (same file name structure). I can relink to the RED but I'm unable to connect the proxies I have made. The option is greyed out.

If I relink to the proxy directly then it shows up super small in the source window (RED is 5k / proxies are 1024x540).

I've selected "ENABLE PROXY" in the preferences > media window and that didn't change anything. I tried just selecting FILENAME under the "Media File Properties" box when I link media and that didn't change anything.

Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated!!

*Using Premiere Pro 2022 / imac/ macOS Catlalina / 10.5.7

TOPICS
Error or problem , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It might be a slight pain, but rather than tear your hair out trying to get the proxies to work just make a new batch of them. You said you used the same setting -- was that a preset in Media Encoder? If so, try making them from within Premiere and set them to ProRes and not h.264. They will still batch in ME and you can be assured that the audio channels will match.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines