• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Imported video colour and contrast and dramatic after being imported to the app.

New Here ,
Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem  never happened before but I recently noticed the dramatic difference... 

Would anyone know? I tried searching for help but I don't think it is the "display colour management" problem or the gamma problem.. I think this is something else. It appears normal on my photos app but when I import it it changes the contrast and colour and gives an ugly mood. 

Please help!! 😞

Screen Shot 2022-03-02 at 9.56.31 AM.png

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , How to , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Ann's link will discuss mostly ... it's because Pr2022 has a completely rebuilt underlying color processing and management system. It was totally Rec.709/SDR before, it isn't anymore. And while the changes are mostly working, some default behaviors are reversed from previous versions. And a few things are acknlowledged broken and awaiting a fix.

Basically, if you are working with most iPhone media, and in Premiere working in an SDR/Rec.709 timeline, you need to go to the clips in the bin. Right-click/Modify/Interpret Footage, and set the Override option to Rec.709.

Then make sure your sequence color management option is also set to Rec.709 in the Sequence settings dialog.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2022 Mar 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the advice, I actually tried everything the youtube video said and followed your instructions but the video colour is still off. I don't know what I am doing wrong..  I really want to just edit my videos asap and the filter is totally changed 😞 Please help Please!!

Screen Shot 2022-03-04 at 2.44.28 AM.pngScreen Shot 2022-03-04 at 2.42.09 AM.pngScreen Shot 2022-03-04 at 2.42.21 AM.pngScreen Shot 2022-03-04 at 2.42.29 AM.pngScreen Shot 2022-03-04 at 2.43.49 AM.pngScreen Shot 2022-03-04 at 2.44.25 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, give up matching Premiere to QuickTime Player. Apple created their ColorSync color management utility with an odd mis-use of Rec.709 video standards. They don't apply the second of the two required transforms, and they use a gamma of 1.96, rather than 2.4.

So they display ALL Rec.709 video files incorrectly. QT player, Chrome and Safari browsers all use ColorSync, and have the same problems. VLC player and Firefox browser typically don't use ColorSync, and may get a more correct image.

And ... I'll bet you didn't know that everything you watch via QT player or Chrome does the same thing you're seeing here ... between the original (think what it looks like in Pr) and what you see in QT player.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For some random reason, I accidentally imported the same video from my iPhone Photos app to my MacBook desktop and it normalized the filter of the video and fixed the problem. 

So I just had to save the same videos twice and the hdr mode disappeared and everything is working as before.

I don't know why that fixed the problem? but it did! Anyways, thank you, everyone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines