• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Imported Video File Audio Cuts Out

New Here ,
Dec 10, 2016 Dec 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am putting together a wedding DVD with a rather large ceremony file and a few other smaller files of the day. Problem is in the timeline within Encore the audio cuts out after about 8 minutes and then when burning the DVD the audio stops when playing the DVD as well... The video file and associated audio work just fine in Premiere and in the video playback through Windows Media player. I've tried the video file with other video playback programs as well and the audio works just fine. So the issue is when I import the clip into Encore it cuts out.

I've tried exporting with several different settings, restarting my computer, starting new Encore projects all with no luck...

I've been shooting and editing weddings for a while now and never had this issue so not sure what is different about this project.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly what is INSIDE the video you are using?

Report back with the codec details of your file, use the programs below... A screen shot works well to SHOW people what you are doing - For Windows Internet Explorer press the PRINT SCREEN button on your keyboard, and then do CTRL-V to paste the screen print from the clipboard into a forum message

Free programs to get file information for PC/Mac http://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download POST IN TREE VIEW

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

The video file is made up of a bunch of .MOV clips, 1080p, 24fps.

The sequence settings are:

Export settings are: H.264, and edit to 2 pass VBR so custom presets.

Exported file is:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know why this project is different, if you have been using the same workflow.

Generally, you want to use the H.264 Blu-ray format for the export, and this will produce 2 files m4v and wav (or a3c).

Encore must demux your import before building.

Do you have any gaps in the audio in Premiere?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I have been using the same workflow.

I typically burn to DVD so I don't use the Blu-ray format, think that would help? Can I still burn it to a DVD if the format of the exported video file is Blu-ray...? I feel like that one is a dumb question.

And no gaps in audio, it is audio from 3-4 sources so different clips fade in and out but that's pretty typical of weddings I've done in the past.

I did end up getting it to work by exporting audio only and then video only and putting them together in a timeline in Encore. Not a great solution but it worked out this time...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 11, 2016 Dec 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got confused by the H.264 and forgot your question was DVD.

You should be exporting from PR/AME in a form that Encore will not transcode. So using the MPEG2-DVD format, and getting an m2v and wav/a3c. Encore does not do as a good a job with downrezzing.

Exporting video only and audio only may be giving  you the same files you would get with the demuxed (m2v & wav/a3c) versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2022 Nov 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same issue. I was able to fix it by importing my mp3 into Adobe Audition and exporting it from there. When I then imported the new file into Premiere Pro, it didn't cut off the ending. Work around, but it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines