• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing and After Effects Sequence causes Premeire Pro to crash

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to import an After Effects Sequence into Premeire, it crashes. Same thing happens when trying to create an after effects composition from a clip.

Footage is MXF from a Canon C300mk2

Premeire Pro and After Effects v23

MacBook Pro 2018

2.8GHz 6-Core Intel i9

Radeon Pro Vega 20 4GB

16GB DDR4 Ram

Ventura 13.0

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeffrey,

Sorry about that! I have a similar system and can test that for you. I'd need some sample footage, though. Let me know if you can upload a sample clip, and I'll test it out. If you cannot provide a clip, I'll ask engineering if they have a sample clip I can test with. Hope to help you!

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jeffrey:

For clarification, are you trying to import a Composition from an After Effects project into Premiere Pro or are you trying to import an Image Sequence rendered from After Effects into Premiere Pro?

Are the MXF files from the Canon C300mk2 10-bit AVC 4:2:2  C-LOG 2 or C-Gamut?  I'm currently working on an indie feature film that's mostly Canon CRM files (Canon Cinema RAW Light format).  Even though Premiere Pro supports the Canon format, converting everything to Apple ProRes 422 HQ made working in Premiere Pro extremly responsive and made it very easy to go back and forth between Premiere Pro 2023 and After Effects 2023 under macOS Monterey 12.6.  Sequence Video Previews in Premiere Pro were also changed to custom QuickTime Apple ProRes 422 HQ.  Convering your footage to ProRes could help with your workflow as well.

-Warren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines